trailtech question...

shee2010

Any of you lot have a trailtech on your banshee? I have put one on my shee, just wanted to know the best way of hooking into the magneto/stator for the illumination and warning lights. I am not much of a sparky so I dont wanna go hacking into it and let the smoke outta the wires lol

Any of you lot have a trailtech on your banshee? I have put one on my shee, just wanted to know the best way of hooking into the magneto/stator for the illumination and warning lights. I am not much of a sparky so I dont wanna go hacking into it and let the smoke outta the wires lol

Hook the wire from the TrailTech into the yellow wire coming out of the stator, this is your headlight wire and you can splice into it wherever it is convienent as long as it is before the headlight switch so it has power all the time.

You should definetely run the resistor plug, but if you don't have a tach it doesn't really matter.

Just an fyi, not running the resistor plug can make the unit reset repeatedly from radio interference, making it basically unuseable. The vapor's a pretty cool item to have, minus the tach not being spot on.

When I tried to put a Vapor on mine, it would continuosly reset EVEN WITH RESISTOR PLUGS. I actually took my bike to Trail Tech twice and had them check it out, they replaced EVERYTHING and I still had the same problem. In between the 2 trips I rode it in the dunes and decided that the tach function was to hard to use while riding the dunes, so when I went back the second time, they ended up giving me a Vector(they let me keep the Vapor) so I ended up with 2 for the price of 1. When I get time I was going to see if the Vapor will work on the wife's bike. The Vector works fine with either resistor or nonresistor plugs.

i have the vapor on both my shee and the little womans z400....both work great. to work the display and the warning lights off of power i went to radio-shack and got 2 9volt battery connectors and hooked them up so that my vapor sees 18v for use. did this cause i had heard horor stories of hte vapor not working good off of the stator (cause of the interference). the reason for running 2 9v was because the vapor works with 12v to something alot higher (slips my mind right now). It works absolutely great on my shee.

The tach function is useless.....i WONT condone using the tach on trail....or anywhere for that matter. It is just WAY too hard to look down at it. The only thing i use it for is to look down at occasionally and check to see that the "above average" and "high" temp (set at your preference for temp) are not alerting to an overheat.

i will admit though....i really do like having it because after you set the wheel speed math correctly you can actually see how far you ride based on milage.....

The tach is usefull for setting idle rpm. Any digital gauge really shoudln't be looked at when riding. They are to hard to read and take to long to process the information. That is why 99% of race cars use analog gauges.

BINGO........also why most of them rotate the tach so that zero is straight down......

the main reason I wanted it was for the temp warnings and the distance travelled,i am not at all interested in the whole "my bike revs to 30 squillion revs" thing, if ya need a computer to tell ya when to change gear, you shouldn't be riding

X2, that is why I went with the Vector after Trail Tech could not get the Vapor to work correctly on my 1989. I don't even need a tach to set the idle, I just adjust so the bike does not die and is somewhat smooth. Also, most race cars rotate their gauges so that the normal condition has the needle pointed straight up, or in the case of the tach it is either the shift point or max RPM that will be straight up, depending on the kind of rascing.

X2, that is why I went with the Vector after Trail Tech could not get the Vapor to work correctly on my 1989. I don't even need a tach to set the idle, I just adjust so the bike does not die and is somewhat smooth. Also, most race cars rotate their gauges so that the normal condition has the needle pointed straight up, or in the case of the tach it is either the shift point or max RPM that will be straight up, depending on the kind of rascing.

haha....yea i know what your saying sandrider.....i was saying usually it winds up with the "0" on the tach pointing straight down and just like you said either average engine rev or shift points usually wind up being straight up...