Banshee Jetting with FMF Fatty Pipes and K&N Filter

Hi all, I have a 2001 Banshee with FMF Fatty Pipes, K&N Filter, Wiseco Pistons, Hot rods Crank (stock stroke), Stock Carbs. I am at aprox 1100ft above sea level in Saskatchewan, Canada. I am finding quite different main jet specs all over this forum from 200's to 320's. The FMF website says 260's and that's what I have now, but I can't go for more than 1/2 mile and it looses power and starts backfiring and the rad boils over. I bought the quad this way and am not sure where to go on this, I can't see how he rode it this way!! It still has 120psi compression (so far). Any help would be appreciated, I just need a starting point to go and buy some jets. And unlike any other posts I will let you all know what worked!!

Bump it to a 280 and use 27.5 pilots. Id drain the coolant and trans oil and replace them. Dont know whats in there if you just got the quad.. Might be straight water, no coolant... Also might wanna inspect your water pump.

Link in my signature has a ton of banshee how to vids if u need a hand.

It is impossible to read the plugs, it won't run long enough to change the color, they are still just black as could be from it's shitty idling and it doesn't matter what I do with the air screws the right side smokes like crazy and the left side almost none. OH and it has a boost bottle on it too, don't know if I mentioned that before. I tried some more pissing around with it today. There is no one around here who keeps stock of any of this stuff, it's all a week to 2 weeks away at least, then when it comes in it's the wrong f'n pilot jets anyways (so now I have 25's that are reamed out with a torch tip cleaner). I ordered jets, but in the mean time my 260's are exactly the same as a .052" drill bit, so i checked a .055 drill bit with some 280's I had that were from a sled and it was a little bigger, so I drilled them out to that thinking it would be around 300's and it runs way worse and still boils the rad, it won't even rev up now, spits and backfires. Before I could rip through the gears like mad then you get up to speed and let off a bit and that's when I loose throttle and starts blubbering and backfiring, no won't even rev up at all, I'm wondering if I'm too rich even at the 260's and have a cooling problem on top of it...........

• 2 weeks later...

It is impossible to read the plugs, it won't run long enough to change the color, they are still just black as could be from it's shitty idling and it doesn't matter what I do with the air screws the right side smokes like crazy and the left side almost none. OH and it has a boost bottle on it too, don't know if I mentioned that before. I tried some more pissing around with it today. There is no one around here who keeps stock of any of this stuff, it's all a week to 2 weeks away at least, then when it comes in it's the wrong f'n pilot jets anyways (so now I have 25's that are reamed out with a torch tip cleaner). I ordered jets, but in the mean time my 260's are exactly the same as a .052" drill bit, so i checked a .055 drill bit with some 280's I had that were from a sled and it was a little bigger, so I drilled them out to that thinking it would be around 300's and it runs way worse and still boils the rad, it won't even rev up now, spits and backfires. Before I could rip through the gears like mad then you get up to speed and let off a bit and that's when I loose throttle and starts blubbering and backfiring, no won't even rev up at all, I'm wondering if I'm too rich even at the 260's and have a cooling problem on top of it...........

Tried new plugs? You cant read dirty plugs anyways, If there black as already you wont see if its lean coz the plugs are already stained & wont change color. Getcha self some new plugs and a bunch of jet sizes rather then drilling em out, there only a couple of $ each. A fouled plug will make it back fire & run like shit, always try a plug change 1st its way easier then messing with the jets. Iv only had my shee acouple of months now but iv freaked out acouple times started messing with everything & the problems been down to fouled plugs banghead