proper kick start asembly and installation

Mister T

Last time I removed my clutch cover the complete kick start assembly came with it.When it did it the parts on the shaft also fell off. I didnt get a chance to see how everything was together lol

Now, after putting things back together, looked at the pics in the bottom end assembly thread....I am unable to kick the bike over.

When I push the kick lever it "fetches up" very early in its swing. I didnt force it as figured I did a little something wrong.

I took the clutch cover back off and tried moving the kick lever to see what was taking place. The lever does move wit the cover off....although as the gear moves out along the spline it passes the idler gear and begins to push the plastic bushing off

Any tips to get this placed correctly...I gotta get a few burnouts and a few passes in before winter disassembly lol

Thanks in advance guys

Well tried again and same result!

Assembled and put clutch cover on and once again the kick lever barely moves in its swing before stopping solidly

I gotta be doing something wrong here

Any help from those not out riding today ? lol

Well tried again and same result!

Assembled and put clutch cover on and once again the kick lever barely moves in its swing before stopping solidly

I gotta be doing something wrong here

Any help from those not out riding today ? lol

exactly wha tthe video says i have no iedea why it would do what you are saying can you explain a little better or take a video