Help Needed

SheeRida

OK so the bike idles fine. only mods is pipes. cleaned the carbs a million times, checkd the fuel line in the gas cap. the jets are 200 and 25. carbs are set to correct adjustment. the tors is removed and also the parkling brake. im in iowa. so i figured the jetts should be fine. no air leak noticed. correct gap on pick up coil. the stator is aftermaket so im wondering if the timing could be off. after i hit the throttle it dies. then it is kinda hard to start but will start again. im on my last leg with this thing. kinda nerve racking. any help would be awesome.

x2 on both the above posts. We need to know your ELEVATION that your at to get you close on your jetting. When i was only running FMF fatties and 2-1 air filter (at 1250 ft) i was running a 280 main and 27.5 pilots. Aftermarket pipes really like to be jumped up to at least a 27.5

and your tors unit could also be freaking out bad enough to kill your bike. try unplugging it (the brain is all you need to unplug and its the little black box that's under your gas tank on the left side of the bike)

im at bout 1050 ft above sea level. and the tors is completely removed so that cant be it. i kno it has to be fuel starvin...after i posted last nite i went and checked the carbs again and the bowls are full of fuel. lemme kno on jetting. been working on it for 3 months and its gettin to me haha.

Shit your lean. Id hump that up to 270the mains and 27.5 pilots before you melt those pistons.....or 280-290 if you have a better flowing air filter...

I agree, I think you are way too lean. If I remember correctly, I was running a 25 pilot and a 320 main with pro circuits, stock stroke, with a very very mild trail port, more of just a clean up port job. I am at like 870 ft in elevation.

k i put 270s in it last nite along with 27.5 pilots. still doin the same thing. if i slowly touch the throttle it might come and 1/8 into it but then it shuts off. almost like im losing spark maybe?

is the rev limiter or parking brake limiter still hooked up or shorting out?

you dont necessarily have to remove your tors right away..just unplug the brain which is located under the left side of the gas tank, it is a little black box..then if you want to be sure its un plugged then disconnect each wire running from the tors ( 2 gray plugs)... Check to make sure that your parking brake assembly is not messing shit up...i removed the whole parking brake assembly on my bike because even with them on they barely ever work unless you adjust them everytime..also i cut the electrical wire going to my throttle.. my bike runs great now and i had the same problems as you...if your bike runs ok after all this then still use the top screws on top of the tors to adjust your idle