Hesitation under load

LooseNUts

Hey all. pretty new to the banshee stuff. but i have a question.

first whats done to the bike

K&N two into one

T-5 pipes

Ricky stater timing +4

jetted not 100% sure on size.

carbs are in sync!!

no hesitation when warm and at idle and when you wrap out the throttle but when its under load it has a hesitation when you hit the go button and then takes off.

how do i get rid of this?

Well there's different ways to go about troubleshooting this problem. The very first thing I would suggest is testing static compression. Especially if this bike is new to you. If that tests good then I would test for vaccum leaks then I would move on to fuel and ignition. But that's just my opinion. Some guys will tell u all different things to check first and they are not wrong at all. I just start at the main things and rule them out first then move on from there. Hopefully u only have a fuel or jetting issue but ur going to go around in circles if u start messing with that stuff and u don't have a solid base engine. Just my opinion good luck

Hey all. pretty new to the banshee stuff. but i have a question.

first whats done to the bike

K&N two into one

T-5 pipes

Ricky stater timing +4

jetted not 100% sure on size.

carbs are in sync!!

no hesitation when warm and at idle and when you wrap out the throttle but when its under load it has a hesitation when you hit the go button and then takes off.

how do i get rid of this?

Is the hesitation in the mid range? If it is it is probably the needle (assuming everything is in good working order).

Is the hesitation in the mid range? If it is it is probably the needle (assuming everything is in good working order).

it only when I'm trolling around and then jump on it. it hesitates first then takes off. mostly notice between 1st and 2nd.

if I'm in first just cruising around and want to try and pull a wheelie or hammer on it, then it does it

Edited by LooseNUts

it only when I'm trolling around and then jump on it. it hesitates first then takes off. mostly notice between 1st and 2nd.

if I'm in first just cruising around and want to try and pull a wheelie or hammer on it, then it does it

So if you are near idle and try to accelerate away smoothly, it hesitates, then goes? If it is this, Im going to guess maybe partial clogged pilot jet... if it is a mid range bog, Im going to say needle clip position. If you have T5s, and not much else on the bike, it prob has the toomey perfect jet kit, which is very good jetting setup. Testing in first or second gear is not good, as the gearing helps out too much with the acceleration. Best to test in 4th or 5th from low RPM. We need accurate and detailed description of what the bike is doing... what RPM range/throttle position... etc...

If im in 1st or 2nd gear and roll out smoothly I have not hesitation. Its only when I hit it hard.

Only real thing done is what I said above. Was told it got T5 and a jet kit.

The bike runs smooth other than what I explain.

I will check at 4th or 5th gear next time explain and see what RPM im at by gessing tho..