suspension re fab

SNT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to pull my foot out of my mouth. Everything is coming together VERY well. :notworthy:

Zilla is correct. You want your lower shock mount as close to the wheel as possible. I would set it in from the spindle about 4 inches, and optimum shock angle is roughly 35 degrees.

Do us all a favor, though. Go start a photobucket account, and upload the original pictures. They will be big. I'm super interested in this project and I'll be watching closely for the finished product.

I'm going to pull my foot out of my mouth. Everything is coming together VERY well. :notworthy:

Zilla is correct. You want your lower shock mount as close to the wheel as possible. I would set it in from the spindle about 4 inches, and optimum shock angle is roughly 35 degrees.

Do us all a favor, though. Go start a photobucket account, and upload the original pictures. They will be big. I'm super interested in this project and I'll be watching closely for the finished product.

thanks MATTSCSS ok will do the shock mounting you guys suggested i tried to start a photo bucket but i got frustrated and mad.. im not a computer person in any way

I have tried texting u all weekend and either your or my phone is a piece of sh!t ( gonna say mine ). Now u forced me to make a hq forum to see the progress. Looks bad a$$ as man cant wait to see it in person.

Favorite quote of the thread so far = ("I'm going to pull my foot out of my mouth. Everything is coming together VERY well")

Have you got shocks comming yet?

Looks good man. Only suggestion I have is to move your lower shock mount in. It looks like in it's current position you're going to lose a little ride height, and drop-out. It's hard to tell without having the bike here to take measurements, but the shock angle looks about right. Ride height is the only issue I see as of now.

well photobucket fucken pissed me off wont let me upload any pictures now.. so im just gunna add a before and finshed picture with my buddys 450r shocks on i still wanna raise the ride hight a bit i should get enough from the adjustment on the shocks but here it is

post-41398-0-22443800-1316662525_thumb.jpg