best way to beat a four stroke and still ride for rec

BansheeBoy96

Thats what Im goin to try.......

Before you jump the gun and throw on another 35mm carb, check with the guy that ported it. A stock stroke mx port may not flow enough to support 2 35s. Hell, 33s might even be too big but the only one to tell you would be the guy that did the porting. If you don't have a way to get in touch with the builder, I would try and borrow a carb and try it first. Unless money isn't an issue. If they don't work you could always sell them. 35 pwks are a very popular carb and easy to get rid of. I would bet that thing would rip with a set of 28mm PWKs on it. However, if your SPINNING off the line then you need to make sure you're geared correctly for what you are doing with the correct tire size. Tire pressure is a big factor as well. If you're just dumping the clutch and pinning the throttle off the line then you've got it all wrong. You need to slip the clutch a little and minimize you wheel spin unitl you get moving and continue to let the clutch out as your ground speed catches up to your wheel spin. There is definately an art to the launch and that is where most races are won.

I would venture to say that with your current set up you would beat this 450 if you really look at the reason he is beating you. One thing to remember is that a 4 mil or bigger carbs or whatever isn't gonna make your bike any faster. It will only run as fast as your gearing and RPMs will allow. What changes is how fast you get there by making more power. Now, as power increases you can also increase your gearing and gain speed. But regardless, if you can't make use of the power and get the bike to move forward (spinning your tires) you're not gonna out run anyone.

SP

I’ve got play port done by FAST with two 35’s and open filters and it sucks the fuel like no other. You should be fine with 2 carbs that big.

Might also depend on your pipe and port job combination. Most port jobs unless set up for drag hit hard at mid range and start to level off once it gets to a certain point.

just my thoughts...

I think its ur manifoldi have a custom 2n 1 with a 38 single n my shit rips.it is drag ported but I ride all day spending less amount or equal of gas to the 4 strokes n kick there ass at the hills even with this setup I've beaten 4 mills n o had almost the same setup u did ... I have even compare the trinity one n it sucks compare to mine .....so Carb your 2n1 n ur porting ... btw is this race in sand or dirt .. pavement ? U might wanna consider that cause depends what ur racing could also be ur clutch setup

I think its ur manifoldi have a custom 2n 1 with a 38 single n my shit rips.it is drag ported but I ride all day spending less amount or equal of gas to the 4 strokes n kick there ass at the hills even with this setup I've beaten 4 mills n o had almost the same setup u did ... I have even compare the trinity one n it sucks compare to mine .....so Carb your 2n1 n ur porting ... btw is this race in sand or dirt .. pavement ? U might wanna consider that cause depends what ur racing could also be ur clutch setup

I have a 2-1 setup as well. What is custom about your manifold and where did you get it?

Stock carbs will run up too 70HP or so. I still run stockers on my Wildcard aggressive dune port stock stroke, CPI's...etc. And this thing rips hard. Like spurdy said, maybe look into some 28's, you don't want to over carb that bike.

Yep, running an MX port vs a dune port or drag port is the difference. An MX port isn't gonna flow as much and too big of a carb will choke the engine. If it were an aggressive dune port or drag port it would support a set of 35s in almost any set up combination and prbably gain you more top end. And Jeff's *play* port is pretty aggressive and has a ton of flow, therefore it can handle the fuel delivery of the 35s. That isn't the case with most MX ports. But, it all depends on what that *MX* port really consists of.

SP

I've been beating the heck out of this one Trx 450 Everytime give em jump beat em give em jump and bck tire beat em head up beat em but cant beat the one Thats stroked and cam......and my spends off the launch.....the power is there but something is holding it bck Forreal.....maybe tunning Im running 105 octave race gas think Im bout to go to 110 cause the 105 is no good heard its actually 112 and 93 mixed came out to be 105

Would be awesome if you wrote in better grammar.

So you feel the power is there but you cant hook up there for losing?

I had that problem. Did what i could to be able to hook up off the line. That and an override was the ticket.

What type of terrain are you drag racing on?

Edited by RagunCajun

i didnt read all the other posts i'm just going to answer the question easily..

a 400cc - 421cc POWER VALVED cheeta will provide the necessary wide powerband to easily smoke a 4 poke and be rideable.. you would need someone that actually knows how to deal with a PV motor..

forreal..

i know the place i go buyz geass ass takes da bavvell dovvn to da gearzz stazon and puzz da 91 ozztanes gearzz rizzo in da barrels deen tazzes iz dovvns to da stoe and sayzz iss 105 ozz tane fuelzz

dem dang poked and stroked fart can bikes pizz meezzz off's

can you please turn the ebonics or the GHETTO talk button off on your computer?

forreal..

i know the place i go buyz geass ass takes da bavvell dovvn to da gearzz stazon and puzz da 91 ozztanes gearzz rizzo in da barrels deen tazzes iz dovvns to da stoe and sayzz iss 105 ozz tane fuelzz

dem dang poked and stroked fart can bikes pizz meezzz off's

can you please turn the ebonics or the GHETTO talk button off on your computer?

Even with the ebonics, if he used periods or commas, you might be able to understand him