Shearer pipes

CFH87

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they fit, my only prob was that my old ones, the hooks bent, so they only just held. i got new ones from Wildcard.

i get a skinny screwdriver and hold it side ways in both hands (handle in one hand and tip in the other, hold it like youd strangle some one from behind haha) place the spring hook in the middle of the s/driver and pull or push the spring onto the pipe with both hands.

there is an easier way.....and it involves a screwdriver. Get a medium thickness phillips screwdrive about 8" long. then place the spring on the shaft near the handle.....place the phillips end in the hoop and then just use leverage to tighten the spring......when you apply enough force it will force the spring to slide down the screwdriver shaft and will either snap right into place or it will hang the end of it on the spring hoop allowing you to just click it the rest of the way in...

The right side has a good gap for the left I would have to use 8 or more washers.

Ya something doesn't seem right, what hangers are you using? Like I said I'm using cascade hangers and my pipes didn't need any shimming. Maybe you might wanna give matt a holler or whoever you got the pipes from if all else fails.