banshee back fire

banshee332

Ok now im a drag guy and not use to working on almost stock banshee's. I think I know the answer or answers to this but heres the question.

I have a banshee that I think might be ported not sure havent checked, It has fmf pipes and k&n filter with no lid. The problem is, when you rev it up it will back fire sometimes and you can see a flame in the carbs.

Any ideas?

X2 on the reeds. That is what I was giong to say. Either that, or check the timing or any factors that would relate to timing. let us know

Thanks guys. It has a stock plate the key way is fine. so its not ignition. So it has to be the reeds. Guess I will pull them out and replace..thanks again

If no problem found with reeds I would check compression. Mine is doin sometning similar but out the exhaust. Any time you have a running/performance problem I would always rule out base engine first. It only takes a few minutes and it will keep you from chasing other possibilities if there not the culprit. That's just my opinion. Good luck