man i have bad luck

ProSteveo

Whats up guys, I bought a pair of used shocks on ebay and they turned out to leak so i sent them back and the seller sent different ones so i installed them on the bike. i took the bike to the shop to have the clutch worked on i get it back and take it for a spin what do you know the second pair of shocks are blown the right shock compresses then gets stuck (does not rebound) i cant believe this!!! to make matters worse i ordered a dg fatty grab bar from amazon and it turns out that they didnt weld the mounting tabs evenly so now i have a grab bar that is cockeyed!! must be a knock off. what luck i have. i thought you guys would get a kick out of that so i thought i would tell you. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PAIR OF SHOCKS THAT ARE IN (GOOD) NONE LEAKING OR BENT OR BLOWN THAT THEY WANT TO SELL!!!

Whats up guys, I bought a pair of used shocks on ebay and they turned out to leak so i sent them back and the seller sent different ones so i installed them on the bike. i took the bike to the shop to have the clutch worked on i get it back and take it for a spin what do you know the second pair of shocks are blown the right shock compresses then gets stuck (does not rebound) i cant believe this!!! to make matters worse i ordered a dg fatty grab bar from amazon and it turns out that they didnt weld the mounting tabs evenly so now i have a grab bar that is cockeyed!! must be a knock off. what luck i have. i thought you guys would get a kick out of that so i thought i would tell you. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A PAIR OF SHOCKS THAT ARE IN (GOOD) NONE LEAKING OR BENT OR BLOWN THAT THEY WANT TO SELL!!!

Sounds like you bought some parts from Minikia on ebay and got junk. I have a set of stock shocks in good condition that I will sale you for $50 shipped let me know if you want them.

yea thats who i bought them from he is sending me another shock so if this one turns out to be junk i will buy your forsure thanks!! what color are they buy the way . Also the may sound like a dumb ? but i just bought a bottle of yamalub 2r and it does not have the ratio on back. i run 32.1 and with other oils its 4oz to one gallon is that right?

yea thats who i bought them from he is sending me another shock so if this one turns out to be junk i will buy your forsure thanks!! what color are they buy the way . Also the may sound like a dumb ? but i just bought a bottle of yamalub 2r and it does not have the ratio on back. i run 32.1 and with other oils its 4oz to one gallon is that right?

correct.... 32:1 is 4oz of oil per gallon of fuel.

when you install the shocks dont tighten the bolts up all the way till its on the ground

ok thanks for the tip i had another question i just bought this bike and its got really low gearing i can barely hit 6 gear its got a 15 tooth sprocket in front and a 39or 40 rear. i have a brand new 13 tooth front sprocket i was thinking about putting that on what do you think? Also i think my jetting is off i have 230 mains and 25 pilots. the bike has DG exhaust,pro design intake with open airbox, tors removed with twist throttle and i know it was rebuild with Wisco pistons cant tell you if its stock bore or been bored out.

You will just have to do a plug chop 230 main sounds lean? Depends on your elevation. There is Alot of threads on jetting but maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

X2.... about elevation......however that does sound lean on the mains. And droping down to a 13 front tooth will definately help you out in the low end....however you wont have the top speed you had before. if your running trails or woods i would drop to the 13. HOWEVER......watch out hwen you do....cause if your not ready for it the bike is gonna come up really hard on the back wheels....just be ready to change your riding style to suit the new gearing...

X2.... about elevation......however that does sound lean on the mains. And droping down to a 13 front tooth will definately help you out in the low end....however you wont have the top speed you had before. if your running trails or woods i would drop to the 13. HOWEVER......watch out hwen you do....cause if your not ready for it the bike is gonna come up really hard on the back wheels....just be ready to change your riding style to suit the new gearing...

What do you think i should be running for main jets ? and again thanks for the tips!! what is plug chop?

Ok....plug chop is used to determine if you are too rich/lean. You need to warm your bike up to operating temp then shut it down and install NEW plugs. PUT YOUR OLD PLUGS IN YOUR POCKET. Then you are going to run your bike....wide open throttle from first gear all the way to top end. Then pull the clutch in and shut the motor down and coast to a stop. Install your old plugs and cut the threads off the test plugs. The porcelian piece on the plug shaft should be about 2mm thick and a light tan/choclate color. If its white you are to lean....if its darker then its too rich.

Ok....plug chop is used to determine if you are too rich/lean. You need to warm your bike up to operating temp then shut it down and install NEW plugs. PUT YOUR OLD PLUGS IN YOUR POCKET. Then you are going to run your bike....wide open throttle from first gear all the way to top end. Then pull the clutch in and shut the motor down and coast to a stop. Install your old plugs and cut the threads off the test plugs. The porcelian piece on the plug shaft should be about 2mm thick and a light tan/choclate color. If its white you are to lean....if its darker then its too rich.

Ok thanks for explaining that. you don't really have to cut the threads off to test that tho you can just look at the end of the plug right? Maybe not as accurate as cutting the threads?

wrong. you MUST cut the threads off of the plug. The "carbon ring" that your looking for on the porcelian is on the side that you cannot see without cutting the threads off. I know i know.....blah blah blah that's a waste of good plugs. its $3 a plug. So its a 6 dollar test........its a HELL of a lot better than riding your bike for a minute and bang....you've melted a hole in your piston which wiped out your new top end. Now you have to pay $300......all because you skimped on a $6 test.

Im not trying to be a dick.....sometimes we get crankier cause we see these things again and again on here. And banshee's are not bikes that are cheap. but really....its a cheap test to keep your bike safe.