Neighbours dont like my banshee...

Ok so this morning i was woken up by police knocking on my door saying theres been complaints about me riding on my street.... Im fully legal taxed insured and what ever. I was doing my jets yesterday so i mighta been blaping it up and down the road but thats not something i do everyday. Anyways it wasnt my riding but the noise, its been said that im reving it up on perpos just to piss em off... I was doing my jets and tried to explane that to the police besides the fact that its just a loud bike and not much i can do about it & that im fully legal and there nothing much they can do about it. And they try and give me an asbo warning for my banshee! meaning if i get a couple more complaints they can take it off me and squash it. As far as i know they cant do f*ck all about how much noise i make so long as im not speeding or driving dangerously/recklessly? So from now on im driving really slowly outta my road... but reving the nuts off the shee :P anyone from essex uk fancy a meet down my street? lol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this morning i was woken up by police knocking on my door saying theres been complaints about me riding on my street.... Im fully legal taxed insured and what ever. I was doing my jets yesterday so i mighta been blaping it up and down the road but thats not something i do everyday. Anyways it wasnt my riding but the noise, its been said that im reving it up on perpos just to piss em off... I was doing my jets and tried to explane that to the police besides the fact that its just a loud bike and not much i can do about it & that im fully legal and there nothing much they can do about it. And they try and give me an asbo warning for my banshee! meaning if i get a couple more complaints they can take it off me and squash it. As far as i know they cant do f*ck all about how much noise i make so long as im not speeding or driving dangerously/recklessly? So from now on im driving really slowly outta my road... but reving the nuts off the shee :P anyone from essex uk fancy a meet down my street? lol

Just take your bike to a more remote or deserted area when doing your jettiing. Nobody likes a loud bike screamin down the block. They are your neighbors.... try to be courteous to them?

Just take your bike to a more remote or deserted area when doing your jettiing. Nobody likes a loud bike screamin down the block. They are your neighbors.... try to be courteous to them?

Mate the way i see it is i pay my insurance and road tax i have just as much right to ride on the road as anyone else... i live in a little close i was doing my jetting on the main road next to my close, if its late or early ill ride into the close hit the kill switch and roll to my garage i do or did think about the neighbours. One of them asked me not to work on the bike outside my house coz the smell of the smoke so i dont anymore i take it round to the garage. its not like i just dont give a sh*t, thats whats got my back up even more the fact that i have been trying to be quiet and not piss em off. i'd like to take my neighbor to a more remote or deserted area :ph34r: courteous?! they sent police to my door! so the way i see it now is im fully legal deal with it.

Oh? And whys that ddq? coz i pay my insurance and road tax and expect to be able to drive hassel free like anyone else?

JUST WHAT WE NEED, ANOTHER DUMDASS WITH A LOUD BIKE GIVING US A BAD NAME. Here in the US we are fighting land closure because the people don't like our loud bikes riding near their homes even though the riding area was there before their home. It is not fair, but that is the way our government works. You might want to invest in a set of Cascade CSFX silencers, then your bike will be QUIET.

I had one of those asbo things for riding my mini bike in a remote area, it's a two stage thing:

1st time they issue you with a warning letter

2nd time they impound your bike and you have to bail it back out and pay for the towing wagon, then you go back to stage 1 if it happens again.

I don't see how they could issue you with one though as your legal and I wasn't, from my experience though theres always one neighbour who's underhanded and won't politely ask you to lower the noise they just go and cry and make crap up to the cops or whoever.

Having spoken to this guy I know he's only trying to sort out his new bike before it sorts out his wallet!! And he's tried his hardest in moving his bike out of the way to satisfy them, and he can't help that two strokes are one of loudest things around!lol

JUST WHAT WE NEED, ANOTHER DUMDASS WITH A LOUD BIKE GIVING US A BAD NAME. Here in the US we are fighting land closure because the people don't like our loud bikes riding near their homes even though the riding area was there before their home. It is not fair, but that is the way our government works. You might want to invest in a set of Cascade CSFX silencers, then your bike will be QUIET.

Sh*t im a dumdass!? lol you dumBass...

How am i a dumbass? did i make the thing loud lol noooo.... learn to read my friend... does this help? IM NOT RIDING FAST OR ERRATICALLY, I EVEN HIT THE KILL SWITCH WHEN I COME INTO THE CLOSE BUT HOW EVER I WAS JETTING MY BIKE ON THE MAIN ROAD YESTERDAY. IM FULLY INSURED AND TAXED FOR ROAD USE SO WHATS THE PROBLEM. Now im giving you a bad name because 2 strokes are loud....? :yank::shootself:

I dont know how it works in the us but surely if its legal to ride on the road and you have tax and insurance there shouldnt be a problem unless your driving erratically?

My neighbor freaked out on me after I rode my bike down my street once. Just had done some tuning and put a cool head on, wanted to make sure all was well and nothing was leaking. It was in the middle of the day on a sunday and I wasn't even going very fast. Instead of him calling the cops on me, My neighbor came over to my garage and was about ready to fist fight me over it (crazy people).......I wasn't about to let my neighbor get the best of me, and get me arrested for beating the shit outta him.

Like LS3 said, maybe take it somewhere with less houses around when jetting or tuning it?

The lesson I learned was most people don't like the noise and its not worth the drama with neighbors. Just my 02 though.

Not quite the same here in the states but, I'd say, if your legal, try to reason with them. Having upset neighbors just sucks all around. However, if they choose to be unreasonable I wouldn't sacrifice my rights as a tax payer to keep them happy. Taxes paid, legally insured, courtesy given, what's the point in abiding by all the rules if they are still gonna shit on your parade? We can't always all agree on everything, that's why we have laws and rules. Stay legal and within the law and you should be good. Especially if you do your best to be conscious of their rights as well.

SP

That is funny you mention that because a guy came over to my house yesterday saying i was flying down our road creating a ton of dust and noise when I was not even messing around i was cruising down the street...

I live on a dirt road in (Phelan, CA) and at the end of our road the dirt road goes into a trail and i can follow that trail into a major dirt road where there are no houses (where i can ride)... so I was coming back to our house and I was going down the street and as I pull into our driveway (everything is dirt... driveways, streets, backyards, etc.) and I see this guy pulling up on the street calling me to come over, well so I did and he tells me how my quad is loud picking up dust everywhere and that I was hauling down the street and that he would call the cops on me if i did it again.... Then he tells me it is illegal to ride on paved roads or dirt roads up here, this is about at 4 pm sun is still shining.......

Well honestly I do not know if it is or not considering it is a public dirt road (im finding out about this) but it makes me wonder when the dirtbike "Crew" that occasionally fly up and down our street if he goes after them <_< I guess if your on a banshee or a two stroke for that matter everybody is out to stop you :shrugani:....

Well first complaint for me guys... But for now I know a sheriff who is a good friend a street down and i will see about the laws of riding up here... If it is illegal I will stop...

EDIT: im also not that teenager who goes out and tries to fly down the street showing off, I try to ride slow so I do not get dirt in people yards and get complaints like this guy....

Edited by 94Mike

No, it's because you registered a sport ATV as a farm vehicle and thats the reason you think you are justified in riding on the road. Everyone in the US could do the same (although your transportation laws sound much more relaxed) because farm vehicles are allowed on the road, but guess what, we enjoy riding and we want to look like responsible users so that we can continue riding for many, many years.

You are legally able to ride on the road because of a loop hole, and you are stupid enough to push your luck. Quit trying to bother the people you live next to. You are making us all look bad.

Theres only a loop hole in that type of registration, you can registser a sport quad for road use over here just the farmer route is the easier way.

You can register it as plg which technically is a car so you don't even have to wear a helmet if your stupid enough.

And as far as the noise issue a banshee is quiet compared to the automatic two stroke mopeds that fly around, they're horrible drone makes a banshee sound like Ron burgundy's jazz flute!!

Theres only a loop hole in that type of registration, you can registser a sport quad for road use over here just the farmer route is the easier way.

You can register it as plg which technically is a car so you don't even have to wear a helmet if your stupid enough.

And as far as the noise issue a banshee is quiet compared to the automatic two stroke mopeds that fly around, they're horrible drone makes a banshee sound like Ron burgundy's jazz flute!!

:rotflmao:

No, it's because you registered a sport ATV as a farm vehicle and thats the reason you think you are justified in riding on the road. Everyone in the US could do the same (although your transportation laws sound much more relaxed) because farm vehicles are allowed on the road, but guess what, we enjoy riding and we want to look like responsible users so that we can continue riding for many, many years.

You are legally able to ride on the road because of a loop hole, and you are stupid enough to push your luck. Quit trying to bother the people you live next to. You are making us all look bad.

lol you joker, sounds like your alil green eyed i cant see any other reason for your comment.

1. i didnt register it thats how it was when i brought it

2. i could register it as plg if i wanted to but why when i get free road tax...

3. i dont think im justified, i am.

And guess what... i enjoy riding and i am a responsible user. Im 30 years old with two kids of my own, im not flying down the road reving it up like some crazed teenager with a hard on...

Quit trying to be a smart ass your making your self look bad... what ever made you think i wasnt responsible? because my neighbours are bitching over me being loud when im trying to be quiet and send the police round so i give them something to bitch about. i couldnt of drove out the road any quieter, to be honest i dont see how i could of avoided it happening anymore then i tried but seems as thats how they wanna play it i'll have some fun with em.