suprised by Mattoon Machine product line

sprinklerman

• 4 months later...

LOL its reminds me of the weed game. remember back in highschool when the one popular kid had all the good connections? and once one person found out who he was, it was smarter to just go to the source and skip the middle man. just a though

lol.. excellent example...didnt realize how much that middle man was getting till you skipped him and got twice as much for the same! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

what the hell ever that means..

this may be another way to consider this? . i do small work out of my shop here at the house. i dont have a retail shop or storefront. i do this because i lost a job and instead of going and working for 10 bucks an hour and have hypertension and about kill myself everyday and come home pissed off at my coworkers or my asshole boss i just do what i can to make a buck here.

i need the BEST price i can get. to keep my total price low and reasonable. BUT i will not sacrifice quality UNLESS its a choice of the guy i am doing th work for and only if its something i would choose IF the best quality is not available. if its a flat out crap part i just wont do the job. i dont really care. SOOO i scour ebay and find closeouts, old stock, NOS parts when i can and also purchase new rel;eased items and test the quality to try and find better parts to save myself and my customers money in the long run. i get people in here all the time saying they find bla bla bla on ebay and i dont care if they do i tell them to go buy it pay for it have it shipped to them or here and let THEM deal with all the ordering, tracking, etc that takes time. if i'm not making much or anything at all on parts why should i argue with a customer on where they get their parts or how it gets to me anyways. just a huge waste of time.

and matton fits the bill perfectly i can order any day of the week, anytime of the day, using ebay and paypal i trust where my information is going and how i am paying for an item. in dealing with them for a few years now i know what to expect i can ask questions and get responses very quickly and keep my customers happy and still provide a good high quality part at the best price possible.

if i was a dealer and i was buying direct from matton and then was seeing the item on ebay for less i'd just buy from them THROUGH ebay OR call and ask them if they could give me a better price point if i order'd a quanity. most times they will do that. manufaturers dont always sell the best price for one single item and that results in distributors to have better pricing from bulk orders anyways call it what you want. when i had a fulltime shop i would ALWAYS call my rep at the distributor center and see what deals were available and if i could get quanity discounts even off of dealer price for items i normally kept in stock anyways. i cannot think of one time they didnt work with me and that kept me going back to them all the time for whatever i needed. BUT now i dont use distributors ( no store front, no overhead, no tax payments on a building or fee's, fines, bills etc)

the only way i can make any money right now is labor. i got tired of people asking me a price on something then saying they seen it on ebay for bla bla bla. i just refer them to the companies anymore. im sure im not the only one that has had this happen to.

and a lot of times i point them at chariot, mattoon, noss, stellar, TDR and other site sponsors quite often. i personally stress the value of using american made aftermarket parts and using american labor to produce them as much as i can. the quality is there and the price i feel is competitve to other "imported crap". so why use junk when ther is such a nice selection of quality parts these days?

i have seen the vast majority of people repairing and building bikes to be on a strict budget. not to often do i get peoplel in here that say just do whatever i dont care what it costs..