got my 06 banshee

julien

Hello everyone, I got my banshee on monday, I never ride that before and it's awesome!!

it seem like new and compression is good. 100% stock I dont planify to modified it.

I have some questions:

for smooth riding is oil mixture ratio 32:1 is good?

What should I put for transmission oil?

What carb parts I have to change before winter for very cold days?

Do you know any stuff brand to clean engine bay for oil, dirt, greace.?

thank you!! here are some pictures taked today! :)

P1010197.jpg

P1010199.jpg

Hello everyone, I got my banshee on monday, I never ride that before and it's awesome!!

it seem like new and compression is good. 100% stock I dont planify to modified it.

I have some questions:

for smooth riding is oil mixture ratio 32:1 is good?

What should I put for transmission oil?

What carb parts I have to change before winter for very cold days?

Do you know any stuff brand to clean engine bay for oil, dirt, greace.?

thank you!! here are some pictures taked today! :)

P1010197.jpg

P1010199.jpg

Stock shees arent that good on high gears, ive ridden a stock shee and on 5th or 6th gear it runs like crap,

i'd put some aftermarket pipes and some k&n filters and it'll make it WAY better.

If your gonna use stock pipes then 32:1 is good but yamaha recommends 24:1 but if your gonna put pipes then 40:1 is good,

a good transmission oil would be KLOTZ FLEXDRIVE 30, ATF TYPE F, and GEAR SAVER

100% stock I dont planify to modified it.
famous last words right there hahaha. we will see :D.

32:1 to 40:1 is fine, the better the oil the safer it is to run a leaner oil mixture.

you need a transmission oil thats compatible with wet clutches (atf also works, just change it more frequently)

jump maybe 2 jet sizes in winter, your still running full airbox and snorkle so its gonna draw alot of fuel in anyway.

my stocker ran fine in the top gear.

youll end up atleast getting pipes, filter and re jet :D if not for cheap perforamance but just coz they sound so good with aftermarket pipes.

Nice banshee,

32:1 to 40:1, regardless if you put pipes and the K & N filter or not....

Personally i run 32:1...

I also run K and N pods too, but if you ride where there is water and there is a possibility of them getting wet I wouldn't put pods then.

Edited by 94Mike

I think your really like your bike with pipes, it will really wake it up. As far as which pipes to get it depends on your riding style. Since you didn't plan on modifying it I'll recommend some good mid pipes, FMF, Pro Circuits, and Toomeys. I personally like Pro circuits over FMF but both work well, If you want a little more top end pull go with Toomey. You can get a good used set for 200-300 bucks usually.

Air filters are a easy cheap mod. If your staying out of the mud and water go with K&N, if you plan to ride where its wet I'd go with a Uni (foam type filter plus they're cheaper) and either run with your airbox lid off or drill some holes it it.

If you do either of these mods you will need to rejet your carbs, if you don't feel comfortable take it to a shop after you put the pipes and filters on. It usually cost 50-100 bucks for them to rejet it.

Have fun with your new toy.

Welcome to BHQ! I like your special Ed! Pipes, filter and jeting really make the Banshee Sing. Toomey T5s are a good all around pipe, but the PCs are nice from what I hear as well. I never jetted a carbed bike before, and I learned on my banshee. Its easy, just takes some reading and practice. Its an easy bike to work on, and the guys here are very helpful and knowledgeable. Enjoy, and keep us posted!