-2 swingarm conversion

clonex

I need another opinion .. I have to buy a new sprocket, I used one with 41 teeth but had the bike almost stock .. Now I have vforce3, 2 into 1 Keihin 35pwk and pro flow .. my doubt is should I continue with the 41 sprocket or if I should change to 40 because of changes to -2 swingarm and add the rest of the aftermarket parts?

What is required for converting the stock swingarm to roundhouse? What has to be cut and what does the tube weld to?

Posted by Whitbread in another thread...

You can shorten it and add a roundhouse carrier easily at the same time. JJ&A racing has the tubes for cheap.

I shortened this one by about 3/4".

weldedtube.jpg

backstraptube.jpg

Not sure, maybe he meant that with the new modification the effective length of the swingarm with axle in place is 3/4 shorter than stock?

For sure a less expensive way to convert to a roundhouse carrier, I might try it when I have time...

• 1 month later...

I have a -1 swinger and my roomate trick2stroke has a -2. We both have agreed that a -2 or -1 makes a difference. all we ride is mx and trail. Definitly a good mod compared to stock length!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures with the final result of the -2 swingarm

Wow looks great man that white powder coating really sets your bike off. Any pictures of the whole bike? And good job on the swing arm mod. I might have to try that one next.