head shve

ok i had head shaved and i think it was a waste of money absolutley no gain on bottom end and it ost some top i fell what was "suppossed" to happen? i dont have pipes yet and the lid is removed and timing advanced +4 i know adding pipes will drastically improve the bike but why didnt shaving the head help? is it because i dont have pipes??

and opinions??

how much was shaved? with +4 timing and a cut head, with some pipes, your engine should wake up.

i had the machinist take .030" off it just ssems like it gained hardly anything if anythin on the bottom and seems like it lost some on top......what does raing the compression do exactly?? i really need pipes wat do you recomend?

my engine with a trail port, .030" milled head and fmf fatties made some power. i have seens upgraded to a shearer pipe.

by raising compression you make the fuel explode more violently, compression raises low rpm power but hinders overrev (higher revs)

my fmf fattys are for sale if you want. $300 shipped, not saying they are the best pipe but they are better than stock.

ok what kind of shape are they in?? any pics?? post on here or email to gcn1789@yahoo or txt to 724 456 5732

I noticed my banshee had a top end loss once I advanced the timing +4 deg w/my .030" shaved stock head. When advancing the timing, you raise the running compression inside the engine and combined w/adding more compression from shaved head, the engine reaches peak compression levels too soon, when the piston is on its way up, and the top end over-rev is killed. Take your timing back to stock and try again.