2006 banshee not enough power to go into 1st gear

Delos

its a 2006 special edition..has toomey pipes and reeds, everything else is stock except shocks i guess it still has the tors you guys always talk about..don't know how to take them off so don't ask me,...don't know much about atv why hell im an electronics guy...someone suggested i clean air filters..if i take them out all together and run it in the street will that eliminate that possibility since i prob won't get dirt in them..or will that intefere with the air gas ratio?? also does anyone have a carb removal and cleaning manual for dummies...i noticed that everybody needs to clean their carb sooner or later and from what i read..its almost like seasonal or every other year..if there is no manual or instructions here why not..im really suck at mechanics a step by step would be nice.....anyways thanks for any help...if you guys need computer help, networking im your guy...

Edited by Delos

its a 2006 special edition..has toomey pipes and reeds,...don't know much about atv why hell im an electronics guy...someone suggested i clean air filters..if i take them out all together and run it in the street will that eliminate that possibility since i prob won't get dirt in them..

u could remove it for a run up the street but dont leave it off long.uve got sticky oi/gas mixture in carb body and it will attract dust/dirt which leads to scratches in cylinder wall which leads to rebuild.

well, yes, you could pull it out, but that would probably require you to go up one jet size. best way to rule out a plugged air filter is to just clean it. as for carb cleaning, it's more like when you change the oil, is probably a good idea, or a couple times a year if you ride somewhat regularly. as for the tors, that is a negative switching circuit that grounds the killswitch wire when it does not see a ground from the carbs both resting, or the throttle out of the idle position. you can disable it by unplugging the little solid state box under the gas tank. as mentioned, first thing to look at is the spark plugs. they tell you what is going on in the engine. rich, lean, detonation, head gasket, mis-fire, or no/weak spark, etc. they only last a while if you keep it tuned real good all the time, which most don't tune to the weather, and such, so it is common to simply foul a plug. you should, however pull the carbs and clean them, as well as check the jetting in there, since you haven't yet. only do 1 at a time, and don't forget to put everything back the way you took it apart. one thing to keep in mind is to drain the deposits and water out of the bowl drain screws in the bottom on a regular basis. i try to remember to do it after, and sometimes before/durring each ride.

my banshee was running fine then when i gassed it really fast it began to sputter, now when i try to go in first gear it dies as i try to let the clutch out slowly. I can get out of it but it requires it to be rev'd up high. Can anyone help.

buy a yfz

if your bike is tuned you shouldn't have to change your plugs often at all. i had the same plugs going on 2 1/2 yrs now and my banshee runs strong. only time you really foul a plug is because you are NOT riding it hard enough to burn the fuel or you jets are wrong causing it to over fuel.

Edited by bansheesrtoys