new to the banshee

LTD Scott

Ok I had a 07 raptor 700se she was a great machine.. sold her and bought a gsxr, had that for awhile and now have traded it for a 98 banshee. Never had one before so I could use some general advice... First off what fuel to oil ratio should i run? the last owner said he ran 105 octane with 50:1 oil blend. Next thing i need help with is what crankcase/gear oil to run in her? One of my friends say to run type F trans oil in it... but i was leaning towards 5/30 mobile synthetic. mods are FMF Gold Series Fatty pipes with Power Core II tips, White Bro's boost bottle, Boyensen Reed valves, Wiseco Crank, Any and all help would be great since i do not have a service manual.... Thank you all Scott

Where is a good place to download a free manual?

Someone else might know where to get one free online.

I bought a printed Clymer manual on E-bay for around $30, well worth having one in hand. Just be sure it covers 87-06 as some only cover a few years.

Welcome to BansheeHQ!

X2 with Larry, you probably don't need 105 octane. Check your compression to verify though.

As for premix oil, I run Klotz R-50 at 32:1 to 40:1.

As for the trans, I run Klotz Flexdrive. I'm a huge Klotz fan and won't run anything else in my quads. But everyone has there own preference on oil.

You can run atf type f, but from what I've heard it needs to be changed ALOT more than normal trans oil.

Y ou probably dont need the 105 octane. 94 will do fine unless you have elevated compression. 40:1 using synthetic oil is also the norm. 1.5 litres of 10w30 regular motor oil will do the trans oil change and won't need to be changed nearly as often as type f. Clean and oil your air filter as often as an obsessive compulsive person might. Never forget to rejet for winter. Welcome bro

Way to go on ditching the 4stroke. I would recommend klotz r50 running at 32 or 40:1. As for tranny lube, you need to run something that is good for wet clutches. ATF works good but, has to be changed often. I'm running 30w oil right now and it seems ok but, i thing something else would be better for your clutch. There is a whole lot of info on here. Do some reading and enjoy your machine. Welcome to the BHQ.

Im not sure you listed all your mods? If you have a wiseco crank, there is a good chance you have a cool head and some domes? If this is the case, keep running the high octane mix or you risk blowing up your banshee.

Welcome to BHQ, and post up some pics! There are a lot of smart helpful people here.

the guy that I traded to shee for said he was not sure what all had been done to the motor. what I listed is everything that he told me. Not sure yet about if it has a cool head. I am going to run a compression test on it though. I can work on about anything but have never messed with 2-storkes much. All I know is that the more you build them the more you have to keep adjusting them for temp, humidity and altitude changes.. I will do plenty of research that is for sure. I do know that he changed the front sproket down to a 12 tooth and that is killing my top end. Want to at least go back to 14f and 41 rear. I think that is stock if I remember right. might even bump up to a 15 front. My raptor 700 had so much tourque I ran a 15 front on it and would still launch in 2nd gear when racing. It would run 97mph strong by gps. I want to build the shee to run triples before I decide if i am going to keep her or not. May have to run a 440 or even a 500 stroke kit on it. Have not done much looking into that yet though..... would still like to get it up to the 90hp range though. plus i work at an ethanol plant so going alcohol is a very stong option also. Or maybe I have it all wrong.. Thanks again for the replies!!!!!

the guy that I traded to shee for said he was not sure what all had been done to the motor. what I listed is everything that he told me. Not sure yet about if it has a cool head. I am going to run a compression test on it though. I can work on about anything but have never messed with 2-storkes much. All I know is that the more you build them the more you have to keep adjusting them for temp, humidity and altitude changes.. I will do plenty of research that is for sure. I do know that he changed the front sproket down to a 12 tooth and that is killing my top end. Want to at least go back to 14f and 41 rear. I think that is stock if I remember right. might even bump up to a 15 front. My raptor 700 had so much tourque I ran a 15 front on it and would still launch in 2nd gear when racing. It would run 97mph strong by gps. I want to build the shee to run triples before I decide if i am going to keep her or not. May have to run a 440 or even a 500 stroke kit on it. Have not done much looking into that yet though..... would still like to get it up to the 90hp range though. plus i work at an ethanol plant so going alcohol is a very stong option also. Or maybe I have it all wrong.. Thanks again for the replies!!!!!

yeah stock is 14/41. 90HP is very reachable and not super hard to do if you have the money. Hit up a site sponsor on here, any of them can build you a 90+HP bike with no issues. I've been very happy with Wildcard Racing doing my motor work :headbang:

actually when it comes to 2strokes......they require LESS adjusting than a 4 stroke......whether built or not. No valves, no valve lash, no taming chain or tensioners....... the jetting changes.....yes depending on variables such as humidity temp and elevation you do need to change it........however temp and humidity have to change by ALOT in order to goof you up. Once your dialed in for riding in your normal area, alot of people wont change it until they either wind up going to try somewhere else where there is a drastic changin elevation or if they decide to ride during the winter. Granted you do see guys that do drag races checking hte jetting like freaks......but that's part of what they do to get down the track that much faster......when your on trails you don't need to be checking your jetting as often....