Jetting

Howdy, how many jet sizes would you have to be out to blow up a motor? and how many jet sizes wrong can you get away with or do you need to have exactly the right size for best performance and engine longevity.

EG: having 300 mains but it is a little lean and probably requires 310's would this hurt a motor??

probably have not explained it very well. Not really trying to achieve anything thing other than trying to get a understanding of jetting and how fussy you have to be about it. Like does one size wrong really make that much difference.

thanks for the replies.

If you are at the ragged edge and take one step ............... So yes, one size jet too small may make the difference, or if you are near lean at say 85* and 90% humidity and tomorrow it's 70* and 40% ...................

As you lean an engine power increases as does temperatures, as you go lean from "perfect", power doesn't drop as fast as it rose from rich, BUT temps rise dramatically leading to deto or melt down.

My school of thought is that plugs are cheaper than pistons, somebody is always faster, and if I leave a horse or two in the barn so be it. My name is John, but my last is not Force :rotflmao: