4mm serval vs 4mm stock cylinder?

I have a 4mm stock cylinder with a FAST dune port, would the be any significant gains with going to the serval? I want more power and looking for some input. I ride open coal roads, hill climbs and trails. Thanks

Edited by wideopeninpa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 421 will be torquier with more low and mid range. i dont know if it would be worth the swap, peak hp would feel similar. the serval can be ported for more power, where the dune port stock cylinder is at its max, with decent bottom and mid.

id only get the serval, if you plan on wanting more power later.

the 421 will be torquier with more low and mid range. i dont know if it would be worth the swap, peak hp would feel similar. the serval can be ported for more power, where the dune port stock cylinder is at its max, with decent bottom and mid.

id only get the serval, if you plan on wanting more power later.

Ive been out of the loop for a while.... what in the hell is a serval?

from all i know about when they came out, they make less peak hp than the cub, and the porting is a little different, not just lower... comes on down low, and real broad/smooth/useable in the dunes and such, which is the intended market. really, you absolutely cannot came close to the time-area a serval has to offer with stock cyls, even sleeved/welded. they offer both high power/torque and drive-ability. only question is what it's worth to you...

I've built and rode both, The Serval on PUMP gas is very similar to our Aggressive Dune/Play port on race gas . They are both gonna make 80hp plus range but the Serval will do it easier on pump gas.. The low end was about the same but the stock cyl was on Race gas and higher timing where as the Serval was plus 4 and prem gas.

Give me a call as it would be cheaper to turn up your stock cyls.. Either way we want to make sure you are happy. : )

Jeff, how much would it cost me to send you my stoke stroke motor and you +4 it and serval top end. I have cool head, don't know domes, stock carbs, 2-1plate KN filter, vforce 3 reeds and toomeys t5. Do you strongly recommend any upgrade/replacement of said parts. I also have HD clutch with pancake and timing plate.

Jeff, how much would it cost me to send you my stoke stroke motor and you +4 it and serval top end. I have cool head, don't know domes, stock carbs, 2-1plate KN filter, vforce 3 reeds and toomeys t5. Do you strongly recommend any upgrade/replacement of said parts. I also have HD clutch with pancake and timing plate.

Pm sent ....

Jeff i pmed you on a quote fdor some parts like a week ago and still waiting on a reply? Can you get back to me on that, thanks

Please call me tomorrow as i dont have a pm in my inbox from you youngshee.. :confused:

I gotta jump in and for once, disagree with ya Jeff! I've had both of your 4mil motors. A 4mil dune port (which was the best stock cylinder setup I've ever owned) as well as the serval you just got done building cory and I. The Serval has more usuable power everywhere and would stomp the 4mil dune port in my honest opinion. My 4mil stock cylinder was built with the exact same parts except I didn't have an override. Don't get me wrong, your 4mil stock cylinder absolutely ripped, but the the 4mil serval you built us, flat out beats it everywhere, bottom, mid and top. Would it be worth the swap? My opinion, if your running EVERYTHING you already need except for the cylinders themselves, then yes. Dont forget that when you build these things, you need every componet to go with it to get the power its capable of. Plus we are running pump gas. If you want to know how we built ours, ask Jeff or pm me. For guys looking for a stock cylinder 4mil, Jeff is your guy. Out of all the stock cylinder motors I've had, that was the hardest running by far.