water splashing on stock carbs

I dont know man, Never had a problem with water on any quad Ive owned. Besides the one i sunk in a creek. Unless theres some weird issue with banshee carbs and water?

there is a wierd issue with some of the stock mikuni carbs that come on the banshee. They have a tendency of hanging WOT when you do a water crossing or when they inhale a little bit of water......and there's only 2 things you can do to get it to stop...... pray you can find the kill switch fast enough......or pray you can blip the throttle hard and fast enough that it MAY unhang the slides. either way your still going to be in for one hell of a ride....

you have it all wrong, you have to put the plastic wrap around your airfilter s. :rotflmao: put alot too, make sure nothing can get in not even air. :rotflmao: let me know how it works for you. BTY i think this is a first time this has been talked about :confused: at least i hope and should be the last.

Right after I got my blaster(old quad before the shee), I took it to the car wash. I didn't want any water to get into the carbs. I crammed a rag in the snorkle on my airbox. I pushed the quad onto the trailer when I was finished. I kicked the hell out of that thing the next time I wanted to ride it before I realized the rag was still in there. I'm pretty sure similar results will happen with the plastic wrap and the air filters. LOL