Hopefully picking up a Banshee within the next week! Have Questions

Hello All,

So I am looking to hopefully pick up a banshee here in the coming week. I am kinda stuck with a tough choice though. Should I pick up a modified/very recently rebuilt from 1988, or a bone stock 2005 with low hours? They cost about the same, the 2005 is a little more expensive. The 1988 has a lot of parts that I was going to put on anyways so I know I would be saving some mod money. Also is the '88 tougher to get parts for? Any help would be great!

What would you guys suggest I do?

Thanks for the help!

Daniel Sorensen

The only difference between the 88 and 2005 is the front suspension setup, brake light, and minor wiring connectors. Essentially the same bikes. The newer style suspension is A-Arm, vs the 88's J-Arm. A-Arms are much easier to find aftermarket parts for.

Do you have links to the ads of the bikes, so we can check them out and give you a better idea?

Yes I do!

Here is the stock one:

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/2492172921.html

(I was thinking of the red and white one because i like the color combo better, assuming they are in the same shape)

Here is the '88:

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/2530297234.html

I will mostly be riding in the desert with some dunes.

thanks,

Daniel

I would avoid that "88" at all costs. MANY things throw up a red flag to me. The seller doesn't even know how to spell "banshee". The first thing I noticed after looking at the picture is those plastics are most likely painted, and the paint won't last long with rocks, tree branches, etc. Second thing that jumped out at me is the front suspension. It has a-arms, meaning it is NOT a 1988 frame. Also, it's kind of hard to tell, but looks like t4 pipes. HARDLY "Race" pipes. It's obvious the owner knows very little about the bike he is trying to sell. With that being said, if this guy actually DID do all the work to the bike, I wouldn't trust the wiring he did for his DC conversion to run those lights.

I like the red/white 2005. You really can't go wrong buying an all stock bike. At the very least, you know that someone didn't throw a bunch of aftermarket parts on the bike, and not properly jet it.

If the choice was between one of those three bikes, I would choose the red/white 2005. That's a very good price for that bike, even though it is stock. I'd offer the guy 1800, spend $250-300 on a set of used pipes, and ride the shit out of it. :headbang:

haha.....matt i noticed the same thing about the a-arm setup on the supposed "88".

matt is right.....stay the hell away from that 88. who knows how many times the cylinders ahve been bored out.....plus if the guy thinks that pipes and v-force reeds make it a race motor then he's a complete idiot.

+1 on the stock bike, 2g's is a killer price for bikes in that clean of condition, not to mention the "88" looks like dog shit, he is selling it to buy a 4choke, obviously it doesn't run right. going from 2 to 4 stroke basically says "i dont kno what the fuck im doing and im going to 4 stroke because "theyr easier" ahahaha, im relatively new to the banshee scene, and i can tell that the better deal is that 05, i hated my 4 choke and love my shee!!

Edited by AC-BANSHEE

I would avoid that "88" at all costs. MANY things throw up a red flag to me. The seller doesn't even know how to spell "banshee". The first thing I noticed after looking at the picture is those plastics are most likely painted, and the paint won't last long with rocks, tree branches, etc. Second thing that jumped out at me is the front suspension. It has a-arms, meaning it is NOT a 1988 frame. Also, it's kind of hard to tell, but looks like t4 pipes. HARDLY "Race" pipes. It's obvious the owner knows very little about the bike he is trying to sell. With that being said, if this guy actually DID do all the work to the bike, I wouldn't trust the wiring he did for his DC conversion to run those lights.

I like the red/white 2005. You really can't go wrong buying an all stock bike. At the very least, you know that someone didn't throw a bunch of aftermarket parts on the bike, and not properly jet it.

If the choice was between one of those three bikes, I would choose the red/white 2005. That's a very good price for that bike, even though it is stock. I'd offer the guy 1800, spend $250-300 on a set of used pipes, and ride the shit out of it. :headbang:

they look like my t3s wich had the shortest power band ive ever seen it cam on at just under wot and pulled like a raped ape for about 2 seconds

they look like my t3s wich had the shortest power band ive ever seen it cam on at just under wot and pulled like a raped ape for about 2 seconds

just did you a favor i called the guy on the 88 its either stolen or the guys retard

GUY:its got the cool heads new piston think its been bore has them toomey racing exhaust i think k&n filters with the nylon sand screens works shocks

and he said he doesnt no much about it he took it off his buddys hands......

Those lights are the only thing of value on that bike. Lol.

the gas tank is worth $200 cool head is $ 200 . How much are the shocks worth ? If it's got good compression and the tors is gone maybe offer $1200

Edited by mikechief