Cub Timing, Compression, Jetting

Absolutely do not gear any lower. You will be losing by even more than you are now. I run dirt hillclimbs here in the Midwest and I know a thing or two about getting a big motor to hook up in the dirt.

You need to be doing 2nd gear launches with about 4PSI in the rear tires. You should be running a set of 20" tires in the rear. There are a few different tires that will hook hard in dirt.. Unfortunately, I think some of them have been discontinued. You want to stay away from ANY of the Razr or Holeshot type tires. They're heavy, overrated and overpriced.

You might want to give these a try..

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all summed up it's a dual pingal gas cap mod tires and leave my gearing at 16/40?

Yes and yes. And get some tires.

Sti dirttrax tires is what I use as recommended by loco. They hook the best out of the tires i have tried so far.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get them anymore. Everywhere that was selling them no longer stocks them. You might be able to find a set if you dig deep on the internet, but good luck finding them with ease.

everybody i i appreciate all the info i learned a lot today imma search for the sti dirt trax if i come up empty i actually have a blown up 400ex in my back yard with those other tires i could get but i would rather not leave my brothers quad on bricks lol also to

dajogejr i just got a hook up for avgas 55 gallon drum for 180 hard to beat it ive heard good and bad things about it but all in all thanks guys i'll let dig this post up and let yall know how it turned out in a couple of weeks

No offense, but I think that's going in the wrong direction.

I think it'll blow the tires off even more than he is now.

No offense taken. He never said how his traction was. If he is running the dirt I suggest Maxxis. They are a tough tire with heavy sidewalls.

No offense taken. He never said how his traction was. If he is running the dirt I suggest Maxxis. They are a tough tire with heavy sidewalls.

Too heavy and they won't hook on take off from a dead stop. None of the Maxxis or ITP tires are worth a fuck on a Banshee. I proved that years ago with tons of testing all of them before I found the right combo for hillclimbing. It's unfortunate that they dupe kids into thinking they're the best because they buy huge ads in Dirtwheels and other ATV mags. The reality is that those tires are fucking junk. Overweight, overpriced and they just don't hook. Sure, throw them on a 40HP 4 stroke and they seem awesome.

im running razr2 right now, and to be honest they do a good burnout on take off, but i thought they gripped pretty good every else

16/40 is pretty tall.. it was lean plus tall ass gearing = BYE BYE TOP END, it probably rattled so hard you could feel it in your hands before it blew up..

Cam...a 4 mil cub should pull that gearing all day long...IMO.

With shorter gearing, it would've started screaming earlier and ran out of fuel...again, IMO.

With shorter gearing, it would've started screaming earlier and ran out of fuel...again, IMO.

I think I found out why I needed such a big main jet my needles are DGK I think imma order some CEL atleast that's what I was told

O and I went to mod the gas cap and realized it didn't even have the metal bottom on it looks like some body just took the screws out and drilled the hole bigger I guess the previous owner

Agreed. I don't understand people who build big powerful motors and then gear them up to 15/41. It makes no sense. The whole reason for building a big motor is to have more power to turn more gear.

[quote name=kadillacman' timestamp='1313114333' post='125

9164]

I think I found out why I needed such a big main jet my needles are DGK I think imma order some CEL atleast that's what I was told

Dgk needle is richer than Cel needle.