Banshees vs 450's

Lets hear some stories of battles between your Banshees and fo fitties. My last sport quad was a trx450r and I really liked, I'm in the mood for another one actually.Anways, here is my story...

1998 Banshee with T5's and a K&N filter with airbox and even lid still installed vs. my buddies 06 trx450r with HRC kit only. It's really amazing how close we are when we go WOT down the back roads. It's dead even, even at top speed. Now, if we switch quads I murder my own Banshee on his 450, but he does have about 80lbs on me and I don't think he's used to the quicker shifting and powerband of the shee.

Anybody else ever battle it out with the new breed, any color?

here is what i like to do go out find the cocky 450 owners, race them on my banshee run right up next to them in 3rd or so slow down look at them, then take off in a wheelie.. fun times.

O.K. I have both.

My 04' yfz 450 all stock except slip-on and jetting ( main, Pilot, Needle change) oh and the cam-mod also. 14/38 gearing 22" tires ( smoked) running 93 octane. stock clutch, piston, head valves etc. turn key and rip

88' Banshee with T-5's ( jet hot coated), pro-flo w/ k&n and outerwear, vito's hemi head w/ 20 cc domes ( 158 psi.), billet clutch basket and F.A.S.T. clutch kit w/ heavy springs, tdr carbon fiber reeds and ported stock cages, 4 degree timing advance, stock carbs jetted right on. 14/41 gearing w/20 artrax mx tires 10 hrs on them. running on 50/50 112 and 93 with benol 40:1.

from a roll on dirt/ gravel the banshee pulls away 3rd to fourth and is gone

On pavement banshee just leaves the 450 like too easy.

from a dead stop 1st or 2nd gear start with banshee on dirt the yfz 450 kills it.

3rd gear starts with banshee banshee takes it by a bike length or 2

The shee definately needs more gear

the 450 needs a clutch and tires. clutch does not slip but is soft.

apples and oranges. my 450 makes even bad riders look good. The banshee makes bad riders visit the hospital

My 2 cents!!

Lets hear some stories of battles between your Banshees and fo fitties. My last sport quad was a trx450r and I really liked, I'm in the mood for another one actually.Anways, here is my story...

1998 Banshee with T5's and a K&N filter with airbox and even lid still installed vs. my buddies 06 trx450r with HRC kit only. It's really amazing how close we are when we go WOT down the back roads. It's dead even, even at top speed. Now, if we switch quads I murder my own Banshee on his 450, but he does have about 80lbs on me and I don't think he's used to the quicker shifting and powerband of the shee.

Anybody else ever battle it out with the new breed, any color?

Just think what you could do with that airbox lid removed.

"my 450 makes even bad riders look good. The banshee makes bad riders visit the hospital"

Nice quote

that is fuckin hilarious i like it.that is the truth tho.hey bro easy way to make hp,have ir head cut by hjr for $55 and add a tooth to front sprocket.if ur neck and neck up top,the extra gear will pull u a lil more andthe added compression will help pull that gear so ur not dogging the motor as u might without,try a 15/40.not sure what ur running.gear and tire size??

I don't even know the gearing. It has wore out stock Dunlops on it. I was thinking shaving the head, timing plate, pod filters and rejet, and playing with the gearing like you said. I'm kinda hesitant about milling the head though. People have said the cranks like to come apart when you start adding cornpression.

I don't even know the gearing. It has wore out stock Dunlops on it. I was thinking shaving the head, timing plate, pod filters and rejet, and playing with the gearing like you said. I'm kinda hesitant about milling the head though. People have said the cranks like to come apart when you start adding cornpression.

youll be fine adding compression.now having the cyls ported u would wanna seriously consider welding crank yes.stick with ur plans ,ull get him.