think i blew my engine today..

so i found this on juggs to whats comparable to F.A.ST...let me know which one is better and why plz!

+4 Mil stock cyl, up to 80HP $1070.00 + $85 option for domes + $169 option Cool Head

This comes with a full port job of your choice on your stock cylinders. Drag ports extra. +4 mil crank, bearings,

pistons, rings, cir clips, wrist pin and bearings, bore & hone and gaskets for assembly. Send your cylinders in

today for the porting and in 2 weeks or less back they come with all the parts for your 4 mil build

Thats what I did... sent it complete had him do it all and he guaranteed it... I'm sure Jeff is a BAMF too.. just went with Kevin cause he had more port options and he answered the phone first

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what kind of riding do you plan on doing? I think I'd decide that first and foremost before I went and had a ton of work done and be making power that you can't put to the ground. My brother-in-law's 'shee, with the Herr Jugs Hardcore MX/Trail port, rips the tires to shreds and he's got pretty minimal work done. To have only a milled stock head, Chariot timing plate, Wiseco top end kit, and the port job it rips like mad, on stock carbs and 93 octane too.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

If you're doing that kind of riding then I'd say he's right on the mark. I gotta quit assuming everyone does tight, technical trails like I do lol. Heck I barely ever get past 2nd on 99% of the trails I ride. In that case, I don't really know what I'd do. There was someone on here that had a stock bore/stroke-based engine with some good porting that was laying it down pretty good at the dunes, can't remember the name though. I guess now the only issue is the budget.

Well I plan on getting all this done no later than a month from now..so hopefully I get this rolling. So what option should I go with?

I just dropped my motor off at Kevins on the 18th of july and he called me yesterday the 25th saying it was done,. I got the 4 mill kit that he has listed on his website and cut domes. I also had to get a new clutch basket and shift shaft and the shift star mod as well. Its an amazing deal he has and working with him was so easy. I even bought the jets i need for my carb from him and knew the specs for my engine setup. I had to do all this stuff cause my banshee was worn out. I personally am very pleased with his service and just the way he worked on my engine. Believe me he did an amazing job and if you want your engine back quick, send it to him. I personally went with the 4 mil cause my crank was SHOT and I ride mostly dunes, so the extra hp helps alot. In my opinion, only cause i lived in Kings bay ga for 3 years and rode my banshee there, i would do the mx port and have your crank trued and welded. Where you ride theres not any hills or hard trails but I know this porting will open your bike up alot and you need the low end for the dirt. I did alot of shifting and I hated to play with the throttle so much riding in ga. Thats just my 2 cents. Give kevin a call and ask him. He will explain everything to you. Good luck man.

Hey chevy now did they put it all together for that price? Like ready to drop in put carbs and pipes and your good..

I sent in Just the crankcase and the cylinders and he put in my crank. I am putting the rest of the stuff back on myself. The clutch and flywheel was all removed the crankcase all by its self. So the kit he sells and putting the crank in the engine. Just call him and he can quote you a price. Belevie me for the work he does, the prices are hard to beat and everyone that has worked with him has nothing to say but good things. if you have any more questions just ask. hope this helps.

So taking out my engine today and my clymers isn't in yet. What's the way to get to my pistons? I definitely need to find out if they scarred up anything.

start by taking off plastics , gas tank, carbs.. {a really good washing is a great idea before hand},,, lay out clean towels to put the parts you take off onto.. disconect water hose,, spark plug wires, remove plugs, remove pipes, carefully disasemble head,, {now you get your first peek},, unbolt cylinder and slide off,, be careful not to drop anything into crankcase unless your planning on splitting the case... all pretty straight forward,, check out youtube also for vids,,