bout to say f my Banshee

I would say that if it's an idle problem focus on the pilot jet and air screw. Remember, at idle your on the pilot to about 1/4 throttle, needle from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, and main from 3/4 to WOT.

Assuming you have good compression, clean air filter, and no leaks anywhere. Does the idle improve when you pull out the choke?

How do the plugs look? When you can get it to idle, even by feathering the throttle, shut it down and take a look at the plugs (just put in new ones, they're cheap). Should give you a little indication to the jetting.

How does the spark look if you pull the plugs and ground it? Are you getting a nice bright blue spark? Will have to check this in the shade to be able to see it well.

On the air screw i would say 3/4 to 1 turn out. I've seen them out as far as 1.5 to 2 without issues. It all depends, each ride is a little different.

Does it idle better with the choke on?

Edited by pmieras

On the air screw i would say 3/4 to 1 turn out. I've seen them out as far as 1.5 to 2 without issues. It all depends, each ride is a little different.

Does it idle better with the choke on?

Saw one of your old posts and it seems this has been an issue for a bit. I believe I read that it idled better with the choke on. So with that, I do the following, one at a time to only introduce one new variable at a time:

1. Adjust air screw in. You mentioned you were at 2 turns out. Reset it to about 1/2 to 3/4 turns out and move out from there but only in about 1/2 turn increments or so.

2. If you don't see any improvements doing this put to 1 turn out and leave it there.

3. Now play with you pilot.

Yea its been a problem for a while now its been rebuild twice and Everytime i tell them to fully tune the carbs all they do is change the main jet......so i kind of figured its the pilot.......like coming off cold start it will idle a lil while with choke on....and when i clean carbs n play with idle screw air screw it will idle a lil then load up...had 52 pilot n it went to 55 bit she seemed worst so i put the 52 bck n.....now Umma try 42 45 or a 50 n see what that do.....fresh build from bottom to top all new seals n gaskets all around.....oh yea the 52 was n it with airbox on it and knn lid.....now Im running removed airbox so what u think......

I think you have too much going on. Too many variables. Removing the airbox will probably require rejet across the entire range (pilot, main, etc). I would just focus on one thing at a time.

Ok my people finally but the 45 pilot jet in white smoke cleared up and shee idles n sounds good but still May be a lil rich not much though.....but my problem now is she has a slight bog n coming off the first couple gears which i still think involves tunning Im thinking now that its my needle position i need to go leaner on it maybe or change needles.....cause its on the same position it was on when i had air box n filter and only a few bolt on parts now Im over bored n ported n polished......what do u guys think now