HELP! Just finished the rebuild. Something is off/wrong

Okay.. So I just got my motor together.. I'm having a problem.. It idles, and revs up about 100-300 rpm.. Now... I tried the stupid parking brake.. It's not that. I also have my tors removed. So it can't be that. My jetting is here...

BEFORE PORTING & MODS (Only has exhaust)

-300 Main Jet

-32.5 Pilot

-Aftermarket Needle jet (slightly longer in size)

-2 turns exactly out

[Ran almost perfect. Slightly Rich]

After Upgrade | 4 mill crank | Porting to SST exhaust | Chariot Cool Head | +4 Timing | Vforce 3 Reeds |

-310 Main Jet

-32.5 Pilot

-Stock Needle (Middle Clip)

-2 turns out..Still.

Now it won't rev up... AT ALL.. It just sits there and "Booawwww".. It idles fine, started fast, but just won't rev.. :( wtf.. lol Here's what I'm thinking.. Could the gap in my new timing plate cause this? Or my needle jets? Besides the new crank, coolhead, reeds, timing plate and jet needles, I haven't done anything else..

Edited by figuare9

I've disconnected that wire all together. That's the parking brake your taking about right? I tried to plug it in, and tried it with it unplugged ...

I just double checked my choke tube, slides are in the right carbs, double checked my pickup gap in my new timing plate, tried pulling the air filter off, tried leaning it out.. brought my air screw to 2.5 turns out.. still nothing. Put new plugs in it.. nothing again.. still rev limited..

Edited by figuare9

it engages if the parking brake is not fully disengaged but it also engages if there to much play in your clutch lever. happen to my cousins 97. drove us crazy until the dealer had us check. problem solved

Edited by ban565

it engages if the parking brake is not fully disengaged but it also engages if there to much play in your clutch lever. happen to my cousins 97. drove us crazy until the dealer had us check. problem solved

Okay.. So to my own disbelief. . . . . . . . . .

I went and double checked the dumbass parking brake.. Turns out you were right ban.. Everybody makes mistakes I guess. . . lol Thanks

Never rode it, don't even have footpegs installed yet. My hands are trembling.. I've got 3 banshees in the garage, and I'm absolutely terrified of this thing and I haven't even driven it.. It revs out faster then I can blink.. It feels like it has twice the power the other shees do.. WTF did I just get myself into...

Never rode it, don't even have footpegs installed yet. My hands are trembling.. I've got 3 banshees in the garage, and I'm absolutely terrified of this thing and I haven't even driven it.. It revs out faster then I can blink.. It feels like it has twice the power the other shees do.. WTF did I just get myself into...

what you got yourself into is the addiction called speed. your new bike will run hard....but dont worry....if you can handle a stock banshee then you can handle a modded banshee......you just have to take it easy at first. think about the first time you rode a banshee.....was it too much for you? and now how scary does riding a banshee seem?

but......now you also have started something else......the quest for a g-force influenced grin......now your gonna be crabby when you get on a stock banshee and you wont grin as hard until you get on a modded bike...