Runnin lean?

Ok. I'm def a bit lean in the top end of second and third but once I get it into third and beyond it's not near as noticeable. Now my question is I'm runnin 280 mains and I was gonna try 300 mains but wondering if I should first try moving the needle clip down one. Would the change do technically the same thing? Right now the clip is in the middle.

That doesn't make sense to me about the gears you are running lean.

Looky

PILOT changes idle and ZERO throttle almost 95%

NEEDLE changes just off idle to 3/4 throttle approx.

Wide open throttle is almost exclusively MAINJET.

Where are you lean?? Wide open throttle? Then MAINJET.

I don't know. The bog sea to go away a bit and pulls harder all the way through in the higher gears. It rips in second up until about 3/4 but in higher gears it doesn't feel near as bad. I know the area the pilot and main jets control I just was unsure if moving the needle clip can affect wot at all.

I did forget to mention that. Motor is stock, t5's with stingers, boyesen reeds, k&n filter w/lid on, tors eliminated, screws at 1 1/2 turns out, clip in middle slot, 27.5 pilot and at the moment 280 mains. I just can't get rid of this flat bog at wot. Mostly in 1-3. Seems a bit better in higher gears but can't get it to scream like it should. It has done this from 200 mains on up to now 280. It does seem better which is why I'm thinkin of goin up a few on the mains. I'm gonna try a plug chop as soon as I can get out again

I did forget to mention that. Motor is stock, t5's with stingers, boyesen reeds, k&n filter w/lid on, tors eliminated, screws at 1 1/2 turns out, clip in middle slot, 27.5 pilot and at the moment 280 mains. I just can't get rid of this flat bog at wot. Mostly in 1-3. Seems a bit better in higher gears but can't get it to scream like it should. It has done this from 200 mains on up to now 280. It does seem better which is why I'm thinkin of goin up a few on the mains. I'm gonna try a plug chop as soon as I can get out again

Go up a few sizes on the mains, then work down from there if needed. Better to start rich and work your way down one size at a time. I've always had good luck running my mains one size on the rich side, and my needles second notch from the blunt end (leaner than the middle clip). But I'm at 5000FT so that changes things a little.

I can't explain the relationship to the gear your in, may have something to do with the load on the engine but there's definitely some overlap in the carb circuits. If you raise the needles/drop the clips 1 notch (richer), it'll richen your WOT as if you went up one size on the mains also. In other words if your mains were 300's and you move the clips down one notch, your plug chop will then look like you had 310's in there which is a pretty small change.

Prior to the 21cc domes I just put in, I had a very similar set up (I'm surprised that the domes had such a big effect on the jetting and I still have to go bigger on my mains, anyway...) Pro Circuit Platinums, K&N filter w/lid on and no snorkle, VF3 reeds and sock carbs at the same altitude. I was at 280 mains, clips 4th down from the top (one notch richer than center) and 27.5 pilots w/screws 1.5 T also. The characteristics of the pipe will affect the results too, I don't recall if the T5's are a high or mid-lo pipe but if it's a "top end" pipe, you're gonna breath harder at the top than I did and need bigger main jets etc... (the Pro Circuit is considered broad range).

Ok today I ran it with the 320's. The top end def rips and runs clean. However the low end about 1/4 on up it just feels very flat and I gotta keep the rpm's up or it will bog. Didn't do it before the t5's and the 320's. Think it needs more fuel in the low side? Maybe clip one down?

Ok today I ran it with the 320's. The top end def rips and runs clean. However the low end about 1/4 on up it just feels very flat and I gotta keep the rpm's up or it will bog. Didn't do it before the t5's and the 320's. Think it needs more fuel in the low side? Maybe clip one down?

Did you check the plugs or just seat-of-the-pants it? If the plugs look right, or just a little lean, then definitely drop the clip a notch, actually you've got nothing to lose but you gotta be careful and don't fall into the trap of changing too many things at once. Nice thing about the clips is they're easier/quicker to adjust than the jets :-) You might wanna try the Vito's needles, they have six positions for a more gradual adjustment at least. Not sure how the taper compares to stock though, I really need to get off my ass and look that up.

I didnt pull the plugs but will taking a wot look at them help me figure out my low end issue? It just wouldn't make sense that I'm too rich on the low end if it was fine before the t5's. And we do mostly trail riding so the loss in low end kinda sucks. Lol