HJR dune/play port

I have decided to have Kevin port my cylinders and true and weld my crank. I am getting the dune/play port and was wondering if anyone has had this done. When I put the shee back together, im gonna put a noss head with 21 cc domes and a buy a timing plate and go +4 degrees. I already have t5 pipes and pod filters. Does anyone have a similar setup and could tell me how hard it pulls in the dunes and if its a hard hit mid range or more of a top end pull. I will be mainly be riding in the dunes. What kind of hp am i looking at seeing with this setup.

Its gonna pull hard all the way through the powerband. Its not going to have a huge hit up top, it should roll on nicely. Your gonna be very happy with that setup. I dont know what kind of hp your gonna be looking at. Its gonna be a huge jump from stock though. Do you have the tors removed from your carbs? maybe consider going with some 28 or 30 pwks. Just something else to add lol. Someone else will chime in and have an idea of what your hp will be around.

Yeah i put the tors eliminator kit on when i had it rebored awhile back. Thanks for the feedback. I can beat 450s no problem even with the semi stock setup i have, i just want to leave them in the sand and maybe beat some 4 mil shees. I wonder about doing the dune port/ hillshooter even. wonder if i could run that and still use the setup i mentioned before.

Is the dyno on herr jugs racing website, if so where at on there. Since you ride in oregon with the same setup, how do you fare again those 450s and do you have a hard time keeping the front end down. I like to ride winchester bay so the dunes there are big and even stock the front end comes up. I cant wait for my engine to get here so i can send my parts out to kevin. Thanks man

Is the dyno on herr jugs racing website, if so where at on there. Since you ride in oregon with the same setup, how do you fare again those 450s and do you have a hard time keeping the front end down. I like to ride winchester bay so the dunes there are big and even stock the front end comes up. I cant wait for my engine to get here so i can send my parts out to kevin. Thanks man

Front end stays down just fine. I have a +4 swingarm on it. You should be able to eat 450s for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I rode it with a stock swingarm a few times and it woud wheelie out of the tree shots.The dyno results are posted on this site, here is the link

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107867&st=30. You will be very happy with this setup. I was at winchester last weekend. :D

Not to sound rude but Kevin will be able to best answer this question since it's his work.

And power delivery IMO is more important than peak numbers.

I did talk to Kevin, I just wanted to hear from other riders who have the setup that I am getting and who ride in the oregon sand. Thanks though.

I started out with the dune/hillshoot port from Kevin, but with the 4 mil crank and loved it, BIG difference in power. My advice to you is don't waste your time splitting the cases to only weld your stock crank, if you are in there put a 4 mill in. the cost is very small after you ebay your old crank, and the power difference, and options that open up to you in the future are worth it.

I started out with the dune/hillshoot port from Kevin, but with the 4 mil crank and loved it, BIG difference in power. My advice to you is don't waste your time splitting the cases to only weld your stock crank, if you are in there put a 4 mill in. the cost is very small after you ebay your old crank, and the power difference, and options that open up to you in the future are worth it.

Well thank you for the input man. Here is my question for you though. If i put a 4 mil in then, I have to get bigger carbs and blaster pistons as well. Would I still be able to run 96 octane fuel. I have wanted to get a 4 mil just wanted to make sure its worth the money thats all. Would i still be able to use 21c domes and 4 degree timing or would a 4 mil change all that stuff.

Well thank you for the input man. Here is my question for you though. If i put a 4 mil in then, I have to get bigger carbs and blaster pistons as well. Would I still be able to run 96 octane fuel. I have wanted to get a 4 mil just wanted to make sure its worth the money thats all. Would i still be able to use 21c domes and 4 degree timing or would a 4 mil change all that stuff.

Kevin can cut your domes for the 4mil and pump gas. you should be able to run stock carbs for now, and get carbs later, if you do 110 rod 4mil crank you can use the pistons you have now.

Kevin can cut your domes for the 4mil and pump gas. you should be able to run stock carbs for now, and get carbs later, if you do 110 rod 4mil crank you can use the pistons you have now.

All true. I ran stock carbs on my 4 mil for a while and they ripped. I would get the 115 rod though, less rod angle and more longevity.

i had almost this same exact setup a while back, only thing different was i was running 34mm carbs. mine dyno'ed at 65hp on pump gas but with a very beautiful power curve. it was a blast to ride in the dunes. i miss it.

Which setup are you talking about. Are ypu talking about the just the dune port setup?