Heel/toe shifter

The other day I was riding in my woods and I came down real hard off a wheelie, right at the point that I was over a big rock sticking up out of the ground. I knew the rock was there, but, well, oops. Hit my left toes and folded my foot under the peg. YEEEOOOWWWW!!!. I thought for sure I broke my foot. I rode around to the front of the house, pulled off my shoe and sock and the nail is almost completely ripped off of the big toe. So anyway, it appears to be healing OK, but it's going to be a very long time before I feel like lifting the shifter with my foot. I'm thinking the best solution is to fab a heel/toe shifter. Just weld on another shifter to the rear. Anyone done this for riding while healing a foot injury?

A lot of Harleys have this setup and they seem to work just fine.

Yep but a Harly's floor boards are a place to rest your feet, not suport your entire body weight while riding. Doing the dual shifter would probably be a good way to bend some shift forks by accidntly standing on the rear one.

I would do a jocky shfter first. Just dont ride fast enough to impale your self.

I rode without boots once to go put around near camp. My foot slipped off on a whoop and my paddle rolled up my leg.As it pulled me down I grabbed a handfull of throttle and basically did a nice burnout on my calf. The next 2 months of getting my calf, from knee to ankle, peeled and scraped (infection) by the doctor was the worst pain I've ever had.

So point is, I will never ride without boots again!

I rode without boots once to go put around near camp. My foot slipped off on a whoop and my paddle rolled up my leg.As it pulled me down I grabbed a handfull of throttle and basically did a nice burnout on my calf. The next 2 months of getting my calf, from knee to ankle, peeled and scraped (infection) by the doctor was the worst pain I've ever had.

So point is, I will never ride without boots again!

I just ordered a pair of "Shorty" ATV boots. They're about half to 2/3 height of regular MX boots. Anyone ever regret not having full height boots?

A few years back some guy from around my way bought some brand new White tech 8's, and the track he was at was really boggy so he didn't wanna get his new boots dirty so he wore his work boots ( timberland style ) he came off some how and so did one of his boots, WITH THE FOOT IN IT!! Couldn't fix it back on but the guy still rides his kx now. And that story ain't no shit either!!

I did it!! I welded on a piece of an old junk shifter. I rode it for about 5 minutes and I like it a LOT. We'll see how it goes with more extensive testing.

That looks pretty sweet! A friend of mine, Jodie Guaragna modded a Banshee engine for a guy with a prosthetic leg so that the shifter came out the right side of the case somehow. The guy lives and rides in Rockland County, NY and is pretty well known of around here. I run into people from time to time the like to say "Hey I saw this guy riding .... " and I get to say yeah I know the guy that did the work :) I just never got to see it myself :(