Banshee starts but dies

Running a 14mm cheetah on alky 39mm pwk carbs

The engine will "start" easily but dies quickly.....have tried with choke on and off with same result

Have also tried slight throttle while kicking over..same thing starts and dies quickly

A couple times it seemed to have "run-on" when it died and also slight backfiring when it died

Any ideas and suggestions on where to start to fix this?

Been out messing with the shee this morn....

The engine will start with a half kick ! but dies after 1 or 2 seconds.Sometimes with a small backfire...and sometimes will give a small backfire when kicked over again

I have a dynatek fs ignition...which didnt come with spark plug wires.The local yamaha dealer suggested I put 2 short automotive spark plug wires on instead.

Could this be causing the problem?Improper resistance or something

is your choke crossover tube installed & in good shape no cracks etc?

i am assuming it runs betwen the 2 carbs?

just where should this tube attach....other than the overflows,the powerjet tubes and fuel lines i dont really see where they would / should attach

* hangs head in shame * lol

I'm just trying to throw out some ideas. Having said that, can the slides go in backwards like the stock ones can which causes a similar effect?

The slides in the 39mm pwks can only go in one way, unlike stock slides

I am still wondering about the automotive plug wires I was told to use.....and I dont have anything to change them out with

Well I got the shee to start !!

Dont ask me how and what I did to fix anything lol

Problem now is.....I have white oil...and I have what looks like a coolant leak somewhere on the bottom of the base !!!

I did purge the engine after running it a bit.

Any ideas as to what the leak could be from and is the white oil related or is it possibly from excess fuel getting into the base??

• 6 months later...

Been out messing with the shee this morn....

The engine will start with a half kick ! but dies after 1 or 2 seconds.Sometimes with a small backfire...and sometimes will give a small backfire when kicked over again

I have a dynatek fs ignition...which didnt come with spark plug wires.The local yamaha dealer suggested I put 2 short automotive spark plug wires on instead.

Could this be causing the problem?Improper resistance or something

I am having the same problem with my 535 to the T. It s driving my nuts, I checked everything and it all seems good, I am so lost.