Got no powerband!

Gikki44

Heres the problem. Its pulling great from idle till about mid to 3/4. The power just all of a sudden stops. Not pulling the way it should be at all.. heres the mods: Slip on pipes, boysen reeds, 27.5 pilots and 280 mains. I've tried the stock pilots and stock mains and everything in between. Pretty much everything else is stock. Im runnin 40:1 and i've tried 32:1. The carbs have been rebuilt and cleaned a few times and ive found nothing wrong. Floats are perfect. Pick up coil is set right and i just put a new stock coil on. It kinda feels as if timing would be off but its the stock plate. i was thinking about trying and aftermarket and adding a couple degrees and see if theres a change. any other thoughts. Its def aggravating the shit outta me. And i actually bought it this way. It just def does not have the pull of a banshee at all. Also the compression is 125 on the left cylinder and 110 on the right. I know its low on the right but that still shouldnt affect it the way its acting.

Heres the problem. Its pulling great from idle till about mid to 3/4. The power just all of a sudden stops. Not pulling the way it should be at all.. heres the mods: Slip on pipes, boysen reeds, 27.5 pilots and 280 mains. I've tried the stock pilots and stock mains and everything in between. Pretty much everything else is stock. Im runnin 40:1 and i've tried 32:1. The carbs have been rebuilt and cleaned a few times and ive found nothing wrong. Floats are perfect. Pick up coil is set right and i just put a new stock coil on. It kinda feels as if timing would be off but its the stock plate. i was thinking about trying and aftermarket and adding a couple degrees and see if theres a change. any other thoughts. Its def aggravating the shit outta me. And i actually bought it this way. It just def does not have the pull of a banshee at all. Also the compression is 125 on the left cylinder and 110 on the right. I know its low on the right but that still shouldnt affect it the way its acting.

Not sure of your elevation, but it sounds lean on the main

No I haven't yet. I guess that's gonna be my next option. But I'll throw in some 300's and see if it gets any better. I'm thinkin about throwin in the stock reeds too and see if there's any change.

I would do a plug chop at WOT. You are probably either too fat on the mains or too lean. Or go up on the mains like two sizes and see if it gets better or worse. Better to be a little rich than too lean.