banshee top end

what is your gearing.

also what carb you running?

and you dont port and polish a head, you cut a head and you port your jugs

its a Keihin carb and i got a 13 front and a 41 rear (stock) im going with a 14 front now. i just got it in and havent put it on yet. but a atock banshee runs 80+ thats why i was asking what i could be doing wrong

a stock banshee is lucky to hit low 70s.

also what size carb, a 190 main is huge for your set up.

also with 13/41, and a 20" rear tire, at 9500, you will be going roughly 72mph.

with a 14/41, you will be able to get upto like 76mph.

im sorry i got a 14t 41t now im going to 15 front. what size jet should i be runnning.

my bottom end and med range is awesome i just thought it would run faster on top end. it will pull wheelies in fourth.

first second just spins on the road

i got a banshee bored out 040 with weisco top end. port polished head. trinity two into one carb. im running a 190 main jet with fmf fatts full set. it runs good i just got it back together. but it will will only run 79.6 mph i think it should run alot more than that? am i wrong?

Well you have 6 posts here.... so welcome! When I was new (I still am... only had my Banshee a couple months). I posted up here about converting to a single carb, and everyone seemed to be against it. Think about it, the fuel from the one carb has to split evenly down a Y manifold and into the 2 intake ports, there is know way that thats going to work as well (performance wise), as a carb spraying fuel directly into each individual intake manifold. I recommend ditching the single carb setup, and of course re-gearing. I guess top speed is important to you. I dont really care about op speed on my banshee,... I just want a broad, useable power curve that really pulls all the way thru to the top. Just my .02 cents, do what makes you happy! Good Luck and keep us posted on your results.

oh boy... better start saving for a engine rebuild..

haha.....cam i was just thinkin the same thing.

look brian....banshee's aren't about top speed.....YES...they are fast. YES they are fun. YES people know the banshee.....but who wouldn't after like 23+ years of production.....

top speed on a banshee isn't important if your riding trails.....hell think about it.....even if your drag racing friends......how often do you make it into 6th gear before they realize they've lost and throttle out of the race?

either way if your building a trail rider and your worried about top speed......you might as well go out and build a funny-car and trail ride it......your gonna be moving WAY too fast to work the trails.

haha.....cam i was just thinkin the same thing.

look brian....banshee's aren't about top speed.....YES...they are fast. YES they are fun. YES people know the banshee.....but who wouldn't after like 23+ years of production.....

top speed on a banshee isn't important if your riding trails.....hell think about it.....even if your drag racing friends......how often do you make it into 6th gear before they realize they've lost and throttle out of the race?

either way if your building a trail rider and your worried about top speed......you might as well go out and build a funny-car and trail ride it......your gonna be moving WAY too fast to work the trails.

I REALIZE THAT AND I DO ALOT OF TRAIL RIDING AND THE PLUGS START TO FOUL OUT. IT DONT LKE TO RIDE THE TRAILS. BUT YOU GET IN THE OPEN AND IT EUNS BETTER. WHAT COULD I DO TO GET IT TO RIDE BETTER IN THE TRAILS?