Spilting cases few questions

I'm in the process of spilting my engine to install a new crank and serval. I have a few questions as this is my first banshee tear down. Do I need to remove the external shift mechanism to spilt the cases? I dont plan on pulling out any of the transmission, just putting in a new 4mm crank.

thats what i had thought but the cylmers says you have to remove the external shift mechanism. I think they mean the shift lever and shift star but since im not pulling the transmission apart I didnt think I needed to pull all that stuff. Anyone had the screws that hold the half moon bearing holder in not want to come out.

while you ahve it apart it would be a good time to do a stock trans mod, billet basket, and hopefully its got a good non stock clutch in it with better springs. i'd also recomend a top case fill to better fit the serval..

but thats just me..

i woked on a motor a few weeks back the cases were split and the half moon thingy was still there they beat on it till it poped apart. i couldnt believe it.. clutch was all ont he trans still they didnt want to try and take the clutch apart!

i woked on a motor a few weeks back the cases were split and the half moon thingy was still there they beat on it till it poped apart. i couldnt believe it.. clutch was all ont he trans still they didnt want to try and take the clutch apart!

Some people are from AWESOME world :rotflmao:

I did a clutch and springs last year and have only rode it a few times so I'm reusing that clutch, a stock clutch wouldnt last too long with a serval i dont think. What kind of trans mod do you are you talking about? I mostly trail ride and Andy from M and M said that stock trans should hold up but I may need to replace the clutch more often.

I did a clutch and springs last year and have only rode it a few times so I'm reusing that clutch, a stock clutch wouldnt last too long with a serval i dont think. What kind of trans mod do you are you talking about? I mostly trail ride and Andy from M and M said that stock trans should hold up but I may need to replace the clutch more often.

oh your stock trans will handle the power.....however with more power the stock tran's become harder to shift. The trans mods actually make it shift MUCH easier...

I have a walkthrough for splitting the cases in my signature. Check out the link and it will give you a good idea of what all is involved. Hit up kevin at Herr Jugs Racing for your trans mods. He does some awesome work.

- Jared

well with it apart it would be best to modify the stock trans.. you WONT regret it..

the stock mod i do is removing some dogs off the actual gears, modifying the stock shift shaft, and modding the shift star. i am sure this is similar to what kevin does and a few others. these are the things i have done to my "trail, dune, MX, drag bikes the other stuff you see the spring and the lever and the majic ezpull and whatever else you read about just flat out dosent work. as much work as it is to split cases and remove intstall the motor its best to do it now..

with the power of the serval and where it comes in at its going ot false neutral all the time. escpecially from 3-4th shift and probably from 2-3rd shift.. the dogs actually bang into eachother and it kinda stays out of gear and is poped in a neutral between the 2 gears on the drum. the stock trans will handle the HP no problem..

its just what i recomend when i personally build a motor. thats all.