7 mil cub: carb setup? Pipes? Tires?

Thom6069

I just bought a 7 mil 443cc cub motor with v force reeds and alky setup and wanting to run gas instead. Would like to run a single carb if possible. Also I want to run in frame pipes, I have a set of T5's, would these work? Thirdly I have a +6 swingarm on it now and don't really wanna go longer so what tires should I use for sand?

Okay scratch the single carb, will the pipes work? If not what should I get? Also is this gonna be too much motor for my +6 swingarm or can I control it with tire size?

I don't have experience with T-5's. I'm sure they will work though.....will they hold the motor back from its full potential?...Yeah maybe.

I've always had great luck with CPI inframes, and they run hard on just about any motor configuration.

One carb means half the tuning and half the potiential problems. Just wondering if anyone made a large enough single carb setup that could supply this engine. As for the pipes, pretty much what I expected to hear. I guess I'll use them until I get ahold of something better.

One carb means half the tuning and half the potiential problems. Just wondering if anyone made a large enough single carb setup that could supply this engine. As for the pipes, pretty much what I expected to hear. I guess I'll use them until I get ahold of something better.

Those carbs are already setup for that motor by k&t, they are very easy to fine tune and work great. Try them before you ditch them, alot cheaper that way and I bet you leave them on there.

Get ahold of kickstartmyheart, he has some bb cpi's for sale. I'll be meeting him on monday and can pick them up for you to save some shipping/driving time.

When I had my 7mm I ran it first on gas with 35's and inframe CPI's. Also had a WCR override in it with a +10 and 12pdl haulers. This would've worked good but I got more into racing and just to much for our dunes IMO with all the razor backs and stuff we got. I ended up switching to 38mm mikuni's on alky with 14ext and it was a handful with that +10...really needed a longer arm. It will be alot of motor for a +6 IMO but some people are far better riders then others & can pull it off....I'm just not one of them,lol.

If you set the carbs up correctly there should be no issue at all...All the single will do is choke it down and kill the power

Sell the alky carbs and the t-5's and get some like 35 or 38mm gas carbs, and some CPI inframes. The +6 swinger can work it will just take some work as far as leaning forward and and working your clutch.

Those carbs are already setup for that motor by k&t, they are very easy to fine tune and work great. Try them before you ditch them, alot cheaper that way and I bet you leave them on there.

Get ahold of kickstartmyheart, he has some bb cpi's for sale. I'll be meeting him on monday and can pick them up for you to save some shipping/driving time.

What kind of petcock should I get, if I am gonna run alky?

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 7 mil 443cc cub motor with v force reeds and alky setup and wanting to run gas instead. Would like to run a single carb if possible. Also I want to run in frame pipes, I have a set of T5's, would these work? Thirdly I have a +6 swingarm on it now and don't really wanna go longer so what tires should I use for sand?

What alky carbs do you have? You have quite a hodge-podge build there my friend...no offense intended. 7mill Cub is a building block for one really intense engine...even stock they are pretty impressive. Single carb makes life easier, BUT at a cost...as in HP. T-5 is probabaly the best 70ish HP 350 duner pipe on the planet...but not a good match for the Cub. You probably should define your permanent direction for the bikes intended use and make adjustments to your supporting hardware on hand to get you where you want to be...Jim

What alky carbs do you have? You have quite a hodge-podge build there my friend...no offense intended. 7mill Cub is a building block for one really intense engine...even stock they are pretty impressive. Single carb makes life easier, BUT at a cost...as in HP. T-5 is probabaly the best 70ish HP 350 duner pipe on the planet...but not a good match for the Cub. You probably should define your permanent direction for the bikes intended use and make adjustments to your supporting hardware on hand to get you where you want to be...Jim

I will be mainly drag racing in sand, however I want to be able to ride in the dunes and trails if I want. I like the look of my +6 swinger and any longer would make it worse in the trails. I've got a good setup with my alky carbs but it's hard to come by alky where I live. I am able to get race gas easily and would rather run it. Guess ill go with a pair of 38s or 39s,? Any recommendations on where to buy.

As far as pipes I'm pretty much set on in frame cpi's, just gotta find some now.