artrax mx tires

badlarry

Well i bought a set of artrax mx tires 20 x 11 x 9 for my banshee. I ran them yesterday on my 04' yfz 450 le yesterday and they are pretty good. When I got back to house they still had the " tits" on them. so im happy. They hook up pretty good in the wet sand track we ride on. They flat out pull great on hard pack etc. Today i went out and beat them up on the banshee. They throw some serious roost. 3rd gear launch in wet sand it held the front tires 18 inches in the air until i shifted into 4th. 2nd gear start on hardpack almost flipped over lol. man the banshee is alot of fun now. CHEAP TOO 47.00 EACH AND FREE SHIPPING

Yeah me too i wanted 22's but i said i'll try them and get a set of 22's also this way im not doing tire swaps on whichever quad i want to hammer that day...lol 22's are so much nicer if the trails are rocky. my buddy swears by the 18" tires i think he bumped his head. i had a set of 18" holeshots and 5 gear wheelies on the rr tracks the skid plate would scoop rocks like a shovel . but they did leave nice posi slabs on the train platforms from just throttle in 3rd gear lol and smoking drifts in 5th gear at a parking lot I used to go through. I was going off of a lawn in an industrial area business park tonight and ripped 2nd , 3rd, 4th, and looked back and oooops call the landscaper im an idiot. chinks of grass and 2 strips for 80 yards. and that grass is tough. ive been ripping on it for over 20 years and have never torn it up before. so they dig pretty good. i was gonna try the kenda 21's kutters i think any thoughts??

bad larry what are the ply of the tires you got? update: nvrmnd i found that they are only 4 ply couldnt find it b4. being only 4ply i would go w/the kenda's if your looking for a cheaper tire that lasts long and performs well. just my 2cents

Edited by pweezy42

I love them for a 20" tire. I do want some 22's too. I was told they were 6 ply tire and the 18" were 2 ply from artrax. I would beleive the 4 ply is closer? I cant see any writing on them to determine and was unable to find it on numerous trys. How many ply were the stock rear dunlops that came on the yfz 450's I ve run them into the ground and no flats in 7 years. One in the front on side wall due to a Sneaky guard rail support that was trying to bite me. I fut 3 plugs in the side wall in 2004 and they still hold originnal air in them. But the Hd holeshot 22"s look beefy but if they are as soft as the holeshot xc's i'm all set. I smoked a set of them in like 6 weeks before. the banshee is hard on tires if you rip in the wrong spot. I.E. gravel and rr track rocks!

• 2 months later...