Gargling sound out of exhaust at low rpm

TimJ

Just done a fresh rebuild. Mods are:Play port, v force 3 reeds, stock carbs with 360 main 27.5 pilots, noss head , 20cc domes, bills pipes, no lid on air box with k&n filter. I am at 750 ft above sea level. It idles fine and when you bring the pipes on it will scream but at low rpms both cylinders gargle. I am running 32:1 100 octane. My air screw started at 1 and a 1/2 turns I am sitting at 1/4 turn and its better but still doing it . My needle is on the next to the top knotch. Do I need to move down on the needle it was ion the middle and was doing the same. Please help?

Just done a fresh rebuild. Mods are:Play port, v force 3 reeds, stock carbs with 360 main 27.5 pilots, noss head , 20cc domes, bills pipes, no lid on air box with k&n filter. I am at 750 ft above sea level. It idles fine and when you bring the pipes on it will scream but at low rpms both cylinders gargle. I am running 32:1 100 octane. My air screw started at 1 and a 1/2 turns I am sitting at 1/4 turn and its better but still doing it . My needle is on the next to the top knotch. Do I need to move down on the needle it was ion the middle and was doing the same. Please help?

try going to the middle with the needle. It also seems like your mains are too big as well. I had almost the same mods, except t5s and open pod filters and i had 310 mains at 1500 feet. Im thinking you should be like a 320. Just my 2 cents

A play port can mean diffrent things,certain builders play ports can be jetted as high as 340-360,if your 1 turn out an it runs better,try a 30 pilot,but b4 i would do that I would try richining the needle up all the way(all the way to the pionty side)

I went with 32 pilots now i am boging bad and really bad throttle response. (needle clip is on bottom groove) I am going to try to drop some on my mains and see what happens. Any advice?

27.5, middle clip, 320'ssss your are NOT LEAN. trust me. let me no how it runs once u try this

I put 340 main and it woke up. Already had them now i have some 320 main will see what that does next.