Is it normal for a banshee to be scare you?

mine gives me a boner. if all you have is a small area and you have to be on the brakes, you may be scared of the powerband/wrecking into something. Get out on the dunes or some long fire roads and ride with some others that have fast bikes/ banshees and you will soon find you'll be wanting more power.... did you really just ask a bunch of power junkies if they are scared of power?

Edited by knelson

To any unsuspecting victim the Banshee's powerband comes on like a 2 dollar whore about to lose her corner to the new girl on the block. She hits you hard and keeps pulling until your eyes are about to roll back in your head and the only thing that brings your vision back into focus is when you've had enough and decide to roll off of her for a second or two. But you know all the while that any time you need one hell of a fix she'll be right there at your command. That's deep shit right there fellas...

Defintly reminds me of my first banshee ride up a gravel rode.....the only sound you could here was the pure scream of throtle ecoing threw out the dark timber,then tires skiding on gravel :whoa: ive loved them ever since. :D

On a more serious note, the best way that I know of to learn to ride one is to get it out in some dirt, gravel, or sand so you can get a feel for the throttle first and start to gauge when the powerband kicks in. This way when it does start coming on, and quickly might I add, the front end doesn't come up and shoot you out of control. Let the rear spin up so you can get a feel for things. IMHO taking it out on concrete or asphalt may well be the beginning of your demise because when the front end comes up unexpectedly or the rear end hooks and proceeds to peel you off of the bars and shoot you off the back of the seat things will get bad really quick. That's just my own personal opinion though. You can't be scared of it but you absolutely must respect it because it will get you hurt or killed if you aren't careful.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

I rode a a 4mil that was in the 75hp range with a stock swinger,and the swingarm bearings were totaly gone,and the hole for the swingarm bearings was ovalled out.

Whenever you punched it and it hooked up,the front end would jump up and the quad would shift pretty violently to the left,that banshee scared me.

Stockish banshees are not scary because they are not fast,they just have a violent power curve that makes you think your going faster.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

AM I SCARED OF MY BANSHEE????........... not usually.........one time playing on a MX track I was............ I did a jump that was bigger than it looked and the front went doowwnnn..... the nose hit the ground..... I jumped off the front and looked up..... here comes the bike..... Doowwwnnnn right for me.... I WAS SCARED THEN......but I just rolled out of the way then got up and fliped the bike back over and took off again.....

usually I'm having too much fun to be scared........ but I'm not even as crazy as my brother..... this is him on a stock Honda Recon.....yes a utility with 4in of suspension travel..... and 10hp :rotflmao: ....

hnda.jpg

Rode a YZ 490 up a hill once, my brother and his buds were all laughing, said they didn't think my feet were ever on the pegs. Don't think front wheel was touching either. Like I said, once :rotflmao:

hahahahaha..... i would actually have liked to see that larry....hahaha

AM I SCARED OF MY BANSHEE????........... not usually.........one time playing on a MX track I was............ I did a jump that was bigger than it looked and the front went doowwnnn..... the nose hit the ground..... I jumped off the front and looked up..... here comes the bike..... Doowwwnnnn right for me.... I WAS SCARED THEN......but I just rolled out of the way then got up and fliped the bike back over and took off again.....

usually I'm having too much fun to be scared........ but I'm not even as crazy as my brother..... this is him on a stock Honda Recon.....yes a utility with 4in of suspension travel..... and 10hp :rotflmao: ....

hnda.jpg

1: get your crazy brother to put on a helmet, or:

2: Buy a big old life insurance policy on him naming yourself the beneficiary.

To any unsuspecting victim the Banshee's powerband comes on like a 2 dollar whore about to lose her corner to the new girl on the block. She hits you hard and keeps pulling until your eyes are about to roll back in your head and the only thing that brings your vision back into focus is when you've had enough and decide to roll off of her for a second or two. But you know all the while that any time you need one hell of a fix she'll be right there at your command. That's deep shit right there fellas...

This is the best thing I have read all day.