Race gas vs Alcohol

1320CaliKing

Their are large gains going to alcohol and it's cheaper than race gas. Find someone on here close to you to help you jet your bike. I remember doing my Blaster and not having any experience with the alcohol and was a little lean the first go round. Needless to say it wouldn't shut off and need a new top end. Another benefit is that your motor will run a little cooler also.

i have always run race gas in my bike.. seems like it burns alot more alky than race gas if running for the same period of time. so the cheaper cost is alot less than people think.

i like the consistency you can get with race gas. seems to me, from what i have heard anyway as i have never personally used it, that alky tends to need to be tuned more often for temp changes and elevation changes. more so than with race gas. someone correct me if im wrong though

i have always run race gas in my bike.. seems like it burns alot more alky than race gas if running for the same period of time. so the cheaper cost is alot less than people think.

i like the consistency you can get with race gas. seems to me, from what i have heard anyway as i have never personally used it, that alky tends to need to be tuned more often for temp changes and elevation changes. more so than with race gas. someone correct me if im wrong though

I've ran my bikes with the same jetting from 40-100. They get a bit hard to start when the temps get cold.. other then that.. just a turn of the power jet.

I used to have to bikes on alky a Blaster and Banshee. The banshee got purged all the time after a night of racing. The Blaster never got purged. I mean never! We tore the banshee apart about every two weeks just to check out the wear. We never had any failures. The Blaster got toren apart after two years of abusive drag racing and still looked good as new. It just got a hone job and new rings and went on. Anything can be reliable if build properly and maintained.

All my dumbass friends think that you have to rebuild a two stroke three or four times a year. We all know that that isn't true.

What about e85 can you run that I heard they don't make jets big enough to run e85 don't know how true that is

E85 is even more of a pain due to incosticency. It can be anywhere between 70% up to 85%. In the winter it has higher gas content. A properly setup alky motor is quite a bit stronger than a comperable gas setup.

Ok but I heard you have to rebuild after like 5 times of running it don't know if that's true or not?

ROFL! I had over 2 years on my last top end in my 4mil duner. Ran methanol year round on it. Countless hours and weekends in the dunes riding all day.

where do you "hear" all this bad advice from??

alky burns VERY clean.

all the oil thats used in the 2 stroke version purging isnt as necessary as in straight alky with top lube.

some fuel manu's even have additive's to the alky that makes it very very stable.. all in all its a much better choice in fuel. the price is not dictated by oil barrel prices. its made from stuff other than oil so its a "green" fuel.

properly tuned you WILL use more of it but the cost differnce is substantial.

last barrel of the good stuff cost me about 150 bucks for 55 gallons. race fuel aroudn here is 495 bucks for a drum/.

i have a golf cart i'm going to convert as well as a MG midget i hope to someday convert to run alky going to use kz1000 drag bike lectrons on it!! its a 1000cc 4 stroke..

• Like 1

some fuel manu's even have additive's to the alky that makes it very very stable.. all in all its a much better choice in fuel. the price is not dictated by oil barrel prices. its made from stuff other than oil so its a "green" fuel.

how so is methanol a "green" fuel?

i thought it was made several different ways now, one being naptha (crude).

to the op, i noticed a very large gain (seat of the pants) in power switching over to methanol from race gas.

it is awesome stuff, i just wish the consumption was on par with race gas. lol