Free Banshee, Bad Crank, worth it?

eldreder

i'm looking at parts and it seems like a 4mil stroker isn't too much more expensive, how much power would i be looking at with that? and what other things would have to be done?

The cranks not really that much more, but once you include a port job and domes or head rechamber you can add another $600 to 700 to the top. Give Jeff @ FAST a call and he'll tell ya to the penny what it will cost, he's in the sponsor spotlight somewhere. You can also PM him he is FASTOYS on here.

From what little can be seen in the pic, the parking brake has been removed, and there's a Toomey sticker on the radiator cover. So, it's a fairly safe bet that it has Toomey pipes on it. Those are 2 of the very first things that need to be done to a Banshee. Maybe there's other aftermarket goodies on it, besides the Uni filters. So, yeah, snag that and get her washed up. After you have it in your possession, ask him if he has a title. It's always best to register bikes in your name, even if your state doesn't require it. If it's registered in his name, but he lost the title, it's easy for him to apply for a lost title.

If your definitely are going to get this thing do yourself a huge favor and go buy a clymers service manual. It looks like it has potential thats for sure.

i actually found a clymer's manual that my dad had for his banshees about 10 years ago, i was pretty happy, and i dont plan on taking to a shop anymore, i'm feeling pretty confident. I've done work on other two strokes before and other quads and dirtbikes, just not specifically banshees, but i'm sure you guys will be able to answer any questions that i have.

:jesterlaugh:

Because if you have the parking brake on there, and you go over the bars, the metal hook thingy will rip your nut sack open.

:jesterlaugh:

Riding a Banshee you need yer nut sack, and what's inside!

i'm looking at parts and it seems like a 4mil stroker isn't too much more expensive, how much power would i be looking at with that? and what other things would have to be done?

Don't make the same mistake I did, go ahead and buy the 4mil stroker crank! Its worth the extra money, and it wont cost that much if any more to rebuild it with the 4 mil kit.