alky

sleeper06

Im changing two bikes over to alky rite now,a stock cyl 4mil,4mill cub,both bike will be run in the 1/4,both bikes are my personal bikes.Do i need a pump?Not looking to hurt anything on the big end.

I will always recommend a pump for the 1/4 mile. I will say this, we have successfully been fast on alky with no pump in the 1/4. I choose to run fast on race gas now. I guess the saying once you go to alky, you will not change back to gas; doesn't apply to me. My opinion is gas has a lot less headaches. ;)

I will always recommend a pump for the 1/4 mile. I will say this, we have successfully been fast on alky with no pump in the 1/4. I choose to run fast on race gas now. I guess the saying once you go to alky, you will not change back to gas; doesn't apply to me. My opinion is gas has a lot less headaches. ;)

Not to jack the thread but is there any gains for going to alky vs race gas

I have stuck with gas this long because i didnt want headaches.i feel like im reaching the limits of gas so was looking for a lil more power.I cant seem to get the clutching perfect the spring tension/weight i need to launch the bike nice doesnt hold up shifting the overide 3-4 gears,so i add more weight an shee runs slower 60ft .I feel i need a lil more power to pull the weight on the clutch on the launch,very frustrating when you get three runs all day.I would like to break a 1.58 60ft with my stock cyl

I have stuck with gas this long because i didnt want headaches.i feel like im reaching the limits of gas so was looking for a lil more power.I cant seem to get the clutching perfect the spring tension/weight i need to launch the bike nice doesnt hold up shifting the overide 3-4 gears,so i add more weight an shee runs slower 60ft .I feel i need a lil more power to pull the weight on the clutch on the launch,very frustrating when you get three runs all day.I would like to break a 1.58 60ft with my stock cyl

Here's part of what I said on another site. Now for the clutch stuff. The overall combination is the most important factor in motorsports, but I have to say for asphalt atv drag racing. The clutch is very closely the second most important factor.

As for your 60' time, that very well may be an optimum time for that power/set-up.

I understand your limited runs, we are in the same boat. I just try and make up for it by making it to the track more. We work hard to make around 150 runs per season.

Haha, only if your lazy or you like letting your bike sit around with alky in the tank where it can pick up moisture.

I maybe reaching my power limits with this set-up im under 400cc on a stock cyl,and NYUK i have no problem headin out there but they hate on me big time over there so ive been heading to island dragway alot but ive been experiancing a pogo stick launch since ive been going there like im hitting the bar an unloading the tires but it doesnt look like im on it that hard on tape.I just missed 105 mph with a horrible launch every time,I might need more air or more arm angle

They wouldnt let me run one day and told me quads were no longer allowed on the 1/4 mile track,all of a sudden some old dude in a ranger pick up pulls up and says he could hook me up,this guy got me in TT/bike eliminator for nothing,thats the only reason i still go there