Need electrical help bad!¡!

Got an 02 shee....installed an Electrosport 250w stator up grade. Floated the ground for DC conversion. Planning to install HIDs. Did a voltage check from rectifier and im getting 12v at idle. Plug rectifier into harness and now only shows 5v at idle. Unplug wire and it goes back up. Its got me stumped. The stock ligjts still pulse at idle like they tupically do stock. I really dont understand why the voltage drops so much just pligging it into the harness. Ive done voltage checks at the rectifier (with and without being plugged in), and at the factory light conectors.

To quickly sum it up:

Rectifier unpluged from harness- 12-14v(idle and rev)

Rectifier plugged into harness- 5v at idle( at both headlights, tail light, and at point of connection of rectifier to harness)

Im stumpped!!! Hoping its just something stupid.

Please help if you can. I appreciate it a lot people.

(tried to be as detailed as possible in my discription)

im getting 12-14v out if the rectifier. Its only after I plug in the lead into the harness it drops. I stated that earlier. The light switch is off so I shouldnt have that drop in the lighting circuit. Again, ive check voltage before the harness point of connection and as soon as I disconnect it voltage goes back up. There is no sparking when I touch the connectors together telling me i dont have a short of any kind.....

got the stator and rec from the same company. Told them what my plan was and they floated the ground for me while I waited and sold me the correct rec for the application im doing.

Called them this morning and they told me that I need to run the pos and ground wire to the same pole of the capacitor and run a dedicated pwr wire to the light switch and not to use the factory harness cause it wasnt built for AC. ive got electrical experiance but what worrires me is that I dont want the .5 farad cap to blow up in my face ya know.

Guess im being over cautious.

What are your thoyghts on that?

Well we figured it out, at least for the time being untill I mount the hid's and test them......added a chassis ground from the rectifier and now the capacitor is charging and im getting the same voltage at the headlight pig-tails as us comming out of the rectifier.

Thanks for the imput though guys....i really appriciate it!!

well, if they told you to connect the positive and negative to the same pole, then they are retarded.... yes, there are grounds on the frame that the lights use, but there is also the black wire. and, the wires don't care if they see ac, or dc. all the wires care about is that they get connection, only a certain amount of current, and that you pay the child support on time. chances are, you still have a problem with one of the black wires in the harness, and that can affect more than just the lights. i would go through the harness, find the problem, and do your upgrade to handle more current. so, you have a rectifier with 3 input wires? or are you just running the 150watt winding?