more paddle?

biggun6ss

I have a 2005 with 4mil longrod dune drag port. Currently I am running 8 paddle haulers but i seem to be spinning bad when i take off. Would a ten paddle help with the takeoff but not kill my top end? I am also using stock gearing, if I do go to the 10 paddle, should I change my gearing at all? Also with my setup, what cc is my motor (stock cylinders)?

The reason i ask is because my friend has a yfz 450 with intake and high compression piston. I raced him a couple weeks ago but he stood no chance (he is new to riding so that was a major factor). Now he is getting cams and his head ported, I still don't think he will touch me, my passion motor runs too good, but i want to make sure I get out of the hole effeciantly.

• 4 weeks later...

im facing the same problem i bought a skat track extream 21x11x8 10 paddle and it was fine on my stock swing arm but when i got a plus 8 swingarm i would blow out bad starting off i have a 350 crank not a 4mill so i think u would need a 12 paddle at least thats what im going with

I have a 2005 with 4mil longrod dune drag port. Currently I am running 8 paddle haulers but i seem to be spinning bad when i take off. Would a ten paddle help with the takeoff but not kill my top end? I am also using stock gearing, if I do go to the 10 paddle, should I change my gearing at all? Also with my setup, what cc is my motor (stock cylinders)?

The reason i ask is because my friend has a yfz 450 with intake and high compression piston. I raced him a couple weeks ago but he stood no chance (he is new to riding so that was a major factor). Now he is getting cams and his head ported, I still don't think he will touch me, my passion motor runs too good, but i want to make sure I get out of the hole effeciantly.

for 300ft races, i would go with AT LEAST a 12 paddle. im running an 11 paddle hauler on my motor similar to urs but drag ported. and im blowing the tires off all the way down the track. im looking for a set of 14 extremes or maybe 14 haulers, but im in a stretched chassis as well