Bnashee starving for air....Help!

MorrisJL

I just trashed the boost bottle set-up and replaced it with a Chariot performance billet intake (crossover)… My banshee is now starting on the first or second kick (original problem leading to the decision to get rid of bottle due to possible leak issue)…However I am now running very rich (lots of smoke), and my banshee will not idle and is seemly starving for air. I’m sure it’s a re-jetting issue due to how rich its running, but I’m not sure if that will fix the idle problem. Can anyone help me with the idle issue and what size jets to use:

-FMF Fatty pipes

-K&N air filter in stock air box (no-top or snorkel)

Vforce 3 Reeds

-Stock Carbs

-Main jet: 300

-Pilot Jet: 30 (based on what FMF recommends with pipes)

-All screws settings per Clymers manual….

-I’m riding at 4-5k elevation (NM)

I am unsure where my needle should be positioned… FMF recommends 3rd clip… could this be causing the “starving for air” issue?

I just trashed the boost bottle set-up and replaced it with a Chariot performance billet intake (crossover)… My banshee is now starting on the first or second kick (original problem leading to the decision to get rid of bottle due to possible leak issue)…However I am now running very rich (lots of smoke), and my banshee will not idle and is seemly starving for air. I’m sure it’s a re-jetting issue due to how rich its running, but I’m not sure if that will fix the idle problem. Can anyone help me with the idle issue and what size jets to use:

-FMF Fatty pipes

-K&N air filter in stock air box (no-top or snorkel)

Vforce 3 Reeds

-Stock Carbs

-Main jet: 300

-Pilot Jet: 30 (based on what FMF recommends with pipes)

-All screws settings per Clymers manual….

-I’m riding at 4-5k elevation (NM)

I am unsure where my needle should be positioned… FMF recommends 3rd clip… could this be causing the “starving for air” issue?

Your main is too high for your mods and that elevation....the pilot also.... but you said it ran fine and idled fine previously with the same jetting?

Your main is too high for your mods and that elevation....the pilot also.... but you said it ran fine and idled fine previously with the same jetting?

Yes... it idled and ran great, just hard to start... I failed to mention its been ported also.

Yes... it idled and ran great, just hard to start... I failed to mention its been ported also.

My only suggestion then would be to take that intake off and put the stock one back on and confirm the issue stops. I think in a different post you said you took the carbs apart to clean, etc?

My only suggestion then would be to take that intake off and put the stock one back on and confirm the issue stops. I think in a different post you said you took the carbs apart to clean, etc?

I can't put the previous intake back on... both boot necks were cracked where the boost bottle fit in (reason for replacing)...

Yes... I took the carbs off and sprayed them out with carb cleaner... took the bowls, and main jet off just to make sure no built up crap was in there... black tube is clear and in place.

I think I'm going to adjust the needle clip... move it to 2nd position to lean out the mixture... or would it be the 4th... point is I should try and lean out the fuel mixture right?