What size swingarm for 70 HP

Barracuda

What size Swingarm  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys and Gals,

Im getting 420 Stroker built and would like some advise on swingarm sizes. I was planning on going with a +4, but after riding my buddies bike on alcohol(not built as much as mine will be) it seems like +4 may not be enough, or it could just be that Im not used to the power? I still want to be able to dune my bike so i didnt want ot go much past +4. For you guys that ride sand adn have big power, what lengths of swingarms are you running and what are the pros and cons??

Thanks

RoostKing...

I hear you Barracuda. I would like to get some crazy HP too and still I like duning and everything else too. I would get a +6 and at that point it is recommended that you get a stronger rear suspension too. So were proly lookin at even more $ for the suspension than the +6. Plan on spending $1200 too $1500 for something good, suspension and +6.

i am going to be ruinnin a +6 and ive got my bike drag ported, i dont know how much hp it will be pushing but we did try them on cp5899's bike with a +8 on there and he was either keeping up or beating 25,000 and a 27,000 $ bikes, one was like a 586 and the other was supposed to be bigger, we have video's of them racing.. anyway.. the +8 on his bike wasnt enough for him but it also depends on how much traction your getting on his bike he runs 12 paddle haulers, on mine i will be getting 10 paddle extremes, also your gearing comes into play for this also. on your suspension im going to be running the stock shock in the rear and its going to be set to get the most bite i can get. hope this helps you out,

Later B

ummmm im making over 100hp and ive got a +12 . ... dont know why but it sure does bling bling in sun...

Seems to work well though...still wheelies sometimes but most of the time it just hovers the front tires about a foot off the ground.

hope it helps