Pro Wedge 2

I am wanting to get a good set of rear tires to run on a couple of dirt/sand drag tracks in my area. I have been running the stock ohtsu honda 400ex rear tires for trail riding but they don't hook verey good in the looser stuff. I was thinking of trying out the 22x11R8 pro wedge 2's. My bike is making 63hp and I am running the stock swingarm. Would this be a decent tire to run and will they hook up on dirt/sand that is about 1"-3" deep. I have a set of straight 8 paddle sand haulers, but the dirt tracks really arn't deep enough to run them. I read that running the pro wedge 2's in the opposite direction will give more hook up. Anyone running the wedgies? What about maxxis 4 snows? Any other suggestions?

Those tires will be perfect for you.You're correct, they are directional, but run them against the arrow with about 2 lbs in them. Be careful with the stock swingarm though. You may have to regear because the Pro Wedges are 22" tall, and swell up a lot more than that on top end.

Is that stock swingarm and is it hard to keep the front down on takeoff? How wide are you rear rims? I was going to get itp 8x8.5 I would like to go with some 8x9 or 8x10 but can't find anyone that makes them.

Yeah it's hard to keep down. For consistent starts you need to stretch it. That's a given. I can sit nearly on the tank and launch decent but until mid 3rd gear, im fighting with the bike to keep it strait. My bike is set up to launch in 1st, not the usual 2nd. If you listen to the vids, i just shift up 4 times.

However it provides awesome traction for my riding areas. Plus they grow from 22" to 25" over 50mph i believe. Perfect since i dont have 6th gear. I refuse to stretch my bike. It's a play bike, not a drag race bike.

go on FAST's website. He sells(i think, havent been there in a while) pro wedge two's mounted on light weight wheels.

Edited by RagunCajun

Which direction you run them? Against the arrow or with the arrow on ther sidewall? Any difference running them either direction?

Yeah it's hard to keep down. For consistent starts you need to stretch it. That's a given. I can sit nearly on the tank and launch decent but until mid 3rd gear, im fighting with the bike to keep it strait. My bike is set up to launch in 1st, not the usual 2nd. If you listen to the vids, i just shift up 4 times.

However it provides awesome traction for my riding areas. Plus they grow from 22" to 25" over 50mph i believe. Perfect since i dont have 6th gear. I refuse to stretch my bike. It's a play bike, not a drag race bike.

go on FAST's website. He sells(i think, havent been there in a while) pro wedge two's mounted on light weight wheels.

I use 15/41 for most of my riding except sand dunes. For sand i use 14/41.

My bike is set up to work with 15/41. Depending on traction level, i launch in 1st or second. If i figure it's going to hook, i use 1st so it doesnt bog. I dont have the power, gearing set up for 2nd gear launches. I could but id have to use a 14/41 or 14/42 set up and no way im doing that. My gearing is perfect. Pulls strong in each gear except 5th. It does have trouble reving out in 5th in the fields. Again, my bike is just a play bike. By no means is it quick.

Edited by RagunCajun