Banshee breaking up at high rpm

jmiller

I dont think its a CDI problem it runs mint everywhere except for them i scream the shit out of it starts right up and doesnt do anything funny so i wouldnt THINK its a CDI?? I notice it breaking up after i go through some trail/slower riding. Ill replace plugs and they will look fine put new plugs in it runs great and then does it again next time i do slow riding or get a few hours on the plugs. :confused:

Step back and work through this problem by first stating the obvious. If both cylinders have good compression and both cylinders show the same symptoms, then it is either a problem that BOTH carburetors are experienceing (bad fuel, poor fuel flow, jetting) or ignition (which is responsible for both cylinders). If both cylinders have good compression and one cylinder is acting up I would look into the carburetor on that cylinder or the plug/wires for that cylinder.

Since it sounds like both cylinders are breaking up, and you have good compression (right?), then its most likely going to be ignition related (you might be getting a weak spark) or poor fuel flow...

Step back and work through this problem by first stating the obvious. If both cylinders have good compression and both cylinders show the same symptoms, then it is either a problem that BOTH carburetors are experienceing (bad fuel, poor fuel flow, jetting) or ignition (which is responsible for both cylinders). If both cylinders have good compression and one cylinder is acting up I would look into the carburetor on that cylinder or the plug/wires for that cylinder.

Since it sounds like both cylinders are breaking up, and you have good compression (right?), then its most likely going to be ignition related (you might be getting a weak spark) or poor fuel flow...

Okay so im looking at either a problem within the crap stock carbs or something with ignition. The ign coil and pickup coil both tested good.16.4 Ign. Coil and 104.8 for the pickup. Has anyone else had issues with these nology coils and hotwires? Thing is brand new cost me almost 150 shouldnt have any problems with it :yank:

Should i throw the stock coil back in? Also how would i test it to make sure its not faulty

@gotta_gofast i cannot tell if its breaking up on one cylinder or both i just hear/feel a miss just like a freaking rev limiter

Edited by jmiller

Should i throw the stock coil back in? Also how would i test it to make sure its not faulty

@gotta_gofast i cannot tell if its breaking up on one cylinder or both i just hear/feel a miss just like a freaking rev limiter

Like this? http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/gizmoman1/?action=view&current=IMG_0359.mp4

• 2 weeks later...