Think I really f-ed up!

Hey guys!, Newb here to the site not the sport, I think I really screwed up last night- I ordered trinity parts- soon after I found the trinity racing thread and no good news from there. I ordered off egay from partsdepo* in cali, the 421 cheetah cub kit 4mil with carbs crank head(the worst part of it all) cyl, well it equaled $2500. So i went to paypal to try to stop payment and couldn't, this morning went to the bank and disputed the charge. I dont want this shi* after all. monday morning im going to call parts depo* and try to get a refund, hope it goes smooth. This is my buddies money and this is what he wanted so i rushed in and ordered, I dont want to be the one to assemble this motor and blow in ten mins. I really want to go with serval 4mil as this is going to be a dune bike not drag. I lost alot of sleep last night and im very worried. Do you all think i will have a prob getting my money back? I feel like my head is about to blow up! What do you think? Thanks appreciate any suggestions!

Tough to say what you can do, especially using PayPal and going through eBay, Parts Depot and Trinity. I'd like to say if they were decent companies they'd refund your money and let you be on their way.. Unfortunately, I don't see any of the above doing anything to make the customer happy.

Hey guys!, Newb here to the site not the sport, I think I really screwed up last night- I ordered trinity parts- soon after I found the trinity racing thread and no good news from there. I ordered off egay from partsdepo* in cali, the 421 cheetah cub kit 4mil with carbs crank head(the worst part of it all) cyl, well it equaled $2500. So i went to paypal to try to stop payment and couldn't, this morning went to the bank and disputed the charge. I dont want this shi* after all. monday morning im going to call parts depo* and try to get a refund, hope it goes smooth. This is my buddies money and this is what he wanted so i rushed in and ordered, I dont want to be the one to assemble this motor and blow in ten mins. I really want to go with serval 4mil as this is going to be a dune bike not drag. I lost alot of sleep last night and im very worried. Do you all think i will have a prob getting my money back? I feel like my head is about to blow up! What do you think? Thanks appreciate any suggestions!

The top end you ordered isn't a bad top end for dune riding. You could go ahead with the order and just get some new domes cut for it and you will be fine. Give Kevin at Herr Jugs a call & get a good set of domes cut for the cheetah cylinders and go with it. Won't cost you much more to have a correct set of domes cut. Give kevin a call.

- Jared

Well I think I may have it figured out, I will still order from them if they will change order. They have the serval cyl and everything else i need for near the same price. They have been ported by trinity but F.a.s.t is only an hour away so i could have them get me a correct head and possibly port better. I don't want to mess up my 100% egay feedback either. If i get the cheetah I will have fast fix it up for me. Thanx, starting to feel better about this!

Yeah Trinity sucks, but you will be ok.. Its actaully pretty hard to screw up a cub.. I dont think they can mess it up bad enough to the point that you wont like it. I would do something different with the domes than what they are probably going to send you, but overall you will be ok. If you do end up canceling Ive got a nice 4 cub/serval thats fresh I am looking to sell.

I'll keep that 4mil serval in mind n20! I don't know which way this is going to go yet, they already got the money so we'll see. Which would you guys prefer, cheetah or serval for duning?

CHEETAH! Capable of bigger bores, it has bigger intakes, better head design, powervalve'd exhaust...

i dont think he knows of the difference.

the serval ( for budget minded peep's) is a decent motor. only thing about buying parts from trinity is they are not a sponsor i believe. i would have used M+M and got one of their "kits" and used the crank they offer in the "kit".. or jeff at FAST

domes are probably off shelf "big bore blaster" domes. probably be fine just check squish. if its off get ya some domes from HJR OR NOSS in kansas NOS is next day shipp usually takes me about 2-3 days to get a set after i call him. IF he has to make them if they are in stock its here the next day.

you can also get the cheeta's from M+M i dont know of the price difference from building a cub from scratch to a cheeta from scratch probably not much difference casue your buying the head anyways.

Edited by camatv

CHEETAH! Capable of bigger bores, it has bigger intakes, better head design, powervalve'd exhaust...

And if your suggesting he buy a Cheetah motor form Trinity....Your a total idiot.

You should return everything you got from Trinity and buy it elsewhere. You can return that stuff, just don't open the package.

Get a serval motor from anyone else but Trinity. The serval will make more power than the bigger Cheetah...and for less $$$....and on pump gas too!

What is a serval, and why is it better than a cub?

It's the same as a cub, but the port timings are lower. You give up @ 10 HP on the very top end to gain a solid 10 ft lb of torque through out the powerband. Way better for woods/trail/dune...unless your only looking to drag on the dunes.