30mm OKO jetting

Last fall I swapped my stock carbs out for a set of 30mm OKO's. I had 25 pilots and 330 mains on the stock carbs with the setup listed below. When I put the OKO's on I put 55 pilots , needle at the fourth spot from the top, and 165 mains in and it wouldn't start without choke below 70 degrees, but with the stock carbs it was good to around 40 degrees. Now, I put 18cc domes, 50/50 mix of premium and 113 octane, and a set of Shearers and it doesn't hardly start with the choke on in a 65 degree building. I took it for a couple minute ride and it feels like it is hesitating for fuel in the midrange. I would just put bigger jets in, but people with similar setup have pilots in the 40's and mains in the 140's to 150's. I'm stumped and don't understand how there can be that big of a difference. Not sure if it matters but I'm around 1000ft of elevation. Any suggestions or opinions would be great.

i couldnt get mine perfect either.

i went from the same 330/25 (hjr dune port/ 350cc /t5s) and with the okos it ran pretty good with 155/45 n80f needle at middle clip. but i had a miss at 4200rpm -5200rpm. i tried everything but with any jet/needle hight/ float hight anything, it would not change that miss.

took it to the dyno and he stuck in 150/55 jets, and it was the same, and had that same miss ( he said it was the porting and i have to get used to it) haha douche.

i stuck the stock carbs back on, and it has been great.

fuck oko carbs haha.

My 30 oko's work perfect. All the problems i've had with them are my error. I dont plan to change them. Ever.

Just be sure to secure the fuel line onto the carbs with small zip ties or a tiny hose clamp.

Edited by RagunCajun

My 30 oko's work perfect. All the problems i've had with them are my error. I dont plan to change them. Ever.

Just be sure to secure the fuel line onto the carbs with small zip ties or a tiny hose clamp.

X2 once i got them dialed in they were perfect. just the common jet change due to weather related issues.

What kind of jetting are you guys running? I put my stock carbs back on with 25 pilots and put 350 mains in and its starts so much better than with the OKO's with 55 pilots and 165 mains. A lot of guys on here have wilder setups than me and run 3-4 sizes smaller on pilots. I can't figure out why I would need bigger pilots than everyone else.

What kind of jetting are you guys running? I put my stock carbs back on with 25 pilots and put 350 mains in and its starts so much better than with the OKO's with 55 pilots and 165 mains. A lot of guys on here have wilder setups than me and run 3-4 sizes smaller on pilots. I can't figure out why I would need bigger pilots than everyone else.

I just put on 30mm last week, I have pro circuit pipes, v force reeds, mild port job, and a cool head. My pilots are 55 and mains 160 needle clip in the middle. Im in cleveland so its cold out but my banshee will start on the first or second kick. I only choke one carb and dont use the throttle when I start it.

my carb setup is in my signature, i just dropped the main 2 weeks ago to a 152 cause of the rain and weather changes. will go back to a 155 next time i am out

I think i run 160-162 mains and 48 pilots.

Im way off from what my engine porter and others recommended. Goes to show you every set up differs. I just tuned mine to run crisp and a little on the rich side. I dont rejet for winter/summer. My engine runs perfect. Not one complaint.

I cant comment on any gains because my set up changed when i put new carbs on.

Edited by RagunCajun