can some one tell me where to start?

I would say start with a 330 main and a 27.5 pilot and the needle clip in the middle position and work from there.

I would say start with a 330 main and a 27.5 pilot and the needle clip in the middle position and work from there.

-------------------------------------------------------

Banshee T5 or TR6 Jetting;

Our pipes are designed from scratch as an integrated system, or KIT if you will, which is intended to work in all respects, as a fully tuned package of parts not to be split up and used individually.

Our pipes require our Perfect Jetting Kit (custom ground needles and main jets) which provides the PERFECT fuel curve for the stock engine or with simple modifications.

It is also required that you ventilate the stock airbox, with at least twelve, one-inch holes, We supply the 12 snap-in vents for this purpose) to allow sufficient air into the box as will be demanded by the pipes.

OR

Our 2:1 High Flow Filter System, which replaces the stock box and, will filter the air AND not restrict flow.

NOT the individual K&N filters on each carb, as they create bad turbulence in the intake, creating unstable airflow.

ANYTHING else, will result in a different fuel curve, and is nothing we can support (you are a test pilot).

Feel free to test to your hearts content, but this is the combination we have tested and designed which we know, will product the rated power.

We use a #280 main jet at sea level, on a standard day (59 deg F / 29.92 baro),

We set the needle on the 4th groove down from the top.

We use the stock Pilot jet (#25)

We set the airscrew to 1.5 turns out from full in

We set the float levels at the stock setting (21mm +/- 1mm)

With any other changes in density altitude, (actual altitude above sea level, corrected for pressure and temperature effects), changes must be made to the main jet to compensate.

Without instrumentation, you must cover your bases by a wide margin. This is why we say one jet size for every 2000 feet altitude change from sea level. THEN corrections must be made for temperature, which also affects density altitude. So, if it is hot out (90degF) at 2000 feet, you may have a density altitude of 3500 feet or more, and need a 270 or 260 main to maintain proper carburetion.

You must test in your local area at the time to be sure.

Suffice to say, if it is running well, leave it alone.

If you frequently go from the beach to the mountains, you may have to keep after it.

We keep the 2:1 High Flow Filter Systems, (and Outerwear pre-filters) Perfect Jetting Kits, Uni-Filters, and Uni-Vents in stock.

We also have (at a discount) the "KIT BAG", which is Uni-Vents, 2-stage Uni-Filter (for the stock box) and our Perfect Jetting Kit, instructions and stickers for only $69.99.

(This is also the difference between a pipe SET (pipes and silencers only) and a Pipe KIT.

Just give Kim a call, she will fix you right up!

ST

You runs 280 mains in that thing at sea level here in Oregona nd you will make it about a half a day and burn that bitch up I can promise you that!!! With dual filters and pipes on it you do not want to be any lower that a 310 and most all the guys have 320 or 330 mains and you are only at 700 feet.

So if everyone is running 300+ mains why would toomey suggest 280-260! I'm not terribly clued up on engines so just curious to know, seeing as jetting seems one of the key things when owning a banshee. Does ruining them in the 200's give the peak performance but at the cost of frying the engine?

So if everyone is running 300+ mains why would toomey suggest 280-260! I'm not terribly clued up on engines so just curious to know, seeing as jetting seems one of the key things when owning a banshee. Does ruining them in the 200's give the peak performance but at the cost of frying the engine?