porting

Hey guys. Looking at porting my banshee this coming summer once I get some money rolling in not looking at doing a 4mil or anything would like to port my stock stroke and everything.....

Now idk what kind of port job to get... were I ride is hillclimbs drags with friends and wide open roads and some tight trails.....

My bike now only has vitos pistons stock bore...t6 pipes and the lid off now if I get it ported would it really wake my banshee up looking for more power......I don't need a differant crank if I'm just geting the 350 ported right

Just got some qustions and how much would this run me with everything I would need

dune port for sure man, id keep the t6's (just speak to your porter about them, some people say they work well with porting)

nah you wont have to touch your crank (but if its not welded, id get that done) so provided your crank is welded and your seals are all good (id just rebuild the whole thing) all your up for is, porting, gaskets, pistons and some jets.

and if you get your crank welded, whilst your cases are apart, you could match port the ported jugs to the cases.

3 hd springs and 3 normal on a new clutch and your all good.

cost is around $600-900

Allright dirty.....idk if my cranks welded....or. not....I would love not to have to. Split the cases but if I do I have some buddys that would be able to help me out they race 250rs are good with engines....

That's what I was thinking dune or agressive trail were would u suggest havig do the porting was thinking one of the site sponcers.....

people were saying that the t6s are bad once u get the motor ported idk if its true or not maybe that's just with a. Bigger engine like a 4mil

I had Wildcard Racing do an aggressive dune port on my stock stroke and this thing rips. For piece of mind I had them weld my crank as well.

I don't have much experience with T-6's but I've heard they run best with stock porting. The best thing to do would be call a builder and talk to them :headbang:

i had HJR do my dune port, and i use it everywhere trail and the dunes. its been an awesome lil motor.

ask them (or who you use) what they think about the t6 pipe. you could just run it, untill you get t5's or other pipes.

ive never ran the t6 so i dont know, ive just "heard" shit and good reviews on a ported motor with them.

I had Wildcard Racing do an aggressive dune port on my stock stroke and this thing rips. For piece of mind I had them weld my crank as well.

I don't have much experience with T-6's but I've heard they run best with stock porting. The best thing to do would be call a builder and talk to them :headbang:

ya i proby have wild car or fast or hjr do it aint sure yet on prices and what not proby be expensive to ship the hole engine to fast or someone and they proby wouldnt want to tear it apart for me taht way i knew everything was put to gether good

ya them pipes proby wouldnt be the best for it it proby some t5s or i was looking at some r2s

ya i proby have wild car or fast or hjr do it aint sure yet on prices and what not proby be expensive to ship the hole engine to fast or someone and they proby wouldnt want to tear it apart for me taht way i knew everything was put to gether good

ya them pipes proby wouldnt be the best for it it proby some t5s or i was looking at some r2s

Yeah any site sponsor will do an awesome job for you. If you want it ported and your crank welded, you can send the builder your cylinders and crank....you don't need to ship them your whole motor unless you'd feel more comfortable with them doing everything. You will just have to split your cases to pull your crank.

Last summer I had mine ported with my t6's. I could not tell much of a difference from before to after porting. Shearer's are on the way so it will be interesting to see how big of a difference there is.

If you cold not tell much difference before to after porting then I would say you are in need of some better port work! I have ran T-6 pipes on a 4 mill and while they are not ideal there is not a lot of difference in them and T-5 pipes. Even with less that pefect pipes if your port job is any good you should notice a hell of a diffenece once you port your bike!

If you cold not tell much difference before to after porting then I would say you are in need of some better port work! I have ran T-6 pipes on a 4 mill and while they are not ideal there is not a lot of difference in them and T-5 pipes. Even with less that pefect pipes if your port job is any good you should notice a hell of a diffenece once you port your bike!

I don't want to start a pissing match, but I don't that the porting that Kevin Herr did would be lacking part of the motor. Hopefully the Shearer's will wake it up.